Expired Hot Deals

Zoomer Wireless

Moto Edge (2021) $200 on $45 7Gb plan BEFORE credits

  • Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2022 10:13 am
[OP]
Member
May 15, 2008
225 posts
628 upvotes

Moto Edge (2021) $200 on $45 7Gb plan BEFORE credits

Deal Link:
Price:
200
Retailer:
Zoomer Wireless
A deal for people signing up for new plan who doesn't need 10,20 gb of data:

Zoomer Wireless has the 2021 Moto Edge (8gb/256gb) on promotion for $200 when signing for the $45($50-10% zoomer discount) 7Gb plan. On top of that, you get a $150 activation credit, and another $50 referral bonus for new account (forum rule reminder: do not post/request referral codes out in the open)

Granted that the plan is not that impressive when comparing to retention/BYOD promotions with tons of data, but it is worth considering as it's readily available with no hoops to jump through, and comparable to the off-the-shelf plans offered by other providers. I'm on Zoomer and can attest to their good customer service.

The deal here is the phone that you get is free(plus taxes) with bonus+referral credits. The Moto Edge 2021 model is a flagship (as Edge 20/X30 not natively available in Canada) that retails for $800~900, and resells for $600+ on secondary markets

It also works with other plans:
$30-10% 1Gb -$400 device
$45-10% 6Gb -$300 device
Screenshot at Jan 12 14-53-13.png
Last edited by lenovo on Jan 12th, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
cost of ownership for a 2 year term new activation (pre tax) for comparison:

Zoomer: ($50-$5(zoomer 10% discount) ) * 24+200 (device) -150 (activation credit) -$50 (referral credit) = $1080+tax
132 replies
Member
Oct 21, 2016
268 posts
825 upvotes
I am with Zoomer too and can say that they have good customer service and reliable reception (Rogers). If you hate their Zoomer magazine, you can opt out the mail, save the environment :)
Member
Jun 8, 2019
491 posts
585 upvotes
Black Friday I got a free iPhone 12 and a $300 gift card. And now you are telling me I need to pay $200 for some garbage MOTO phone? Is this a joke?
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 7, 2006
1719 posts
303 upvotes
yeah723 wrote: I am with Zoomer too and can say that they have good customer service and reliable reception (Rogers). If you hate their Zoomer magazine, you can opt out the mail, save the environment :)
Where/how do you opt out?

Thanks
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 30, 2019
127 posts
212 upvotes
That zoomer magazine keeps coming in even though I opted out haha. Thanks for posting the deal OP. I spoke to zoomer lately and they said they it would be hard for them to get new phones because of the semiconductor situation, hopefully we see new phones coming in this year though.
Member
Oct 21, 2016
268 posts
825 upvotes
popo wrote: Where/how do you opt out?

Thanks
Go to my.zoomer.ca
Login, probably same as zoomer wireless. Inside there, you can opt out. Not sure where now since I did it some time ago.
Member
Mar 6, 2019
242 posts
361 upvotes
what zoomer magazine? i've yet to see one in BC. maybe i somehow opt out already? haha
Sr. Member
Jul 2, 2016
736 posts
1842 upvotes
I wonder if this is a typo as it still shows free on an $80 plan and it is $200 upfront when you try to sign up on the $50 plan.
[OP]
Member
May 15, 2008
225 posts
628 upvotes
Clearly not a deal for you

I don't recall seeing any deals that you can sign up for a <$50 plan and get a free iphone 12 plus credit as new customer. Kindly share the deal that you got

Regarding 'garbage', maybe my bar is low but I don't consider phones with 144Hz screens to be in the budget category
roedoe wrote: Black Friday I got a free iPhone 12 and a $300 gift card. And now you are telling me I need to pay $200 for some garbage MOTO phone? Is this a joke?
[OP]
Member
May 15, 2008
225 posts
628 upvotes
No typo. A friend of mine just signed up today. The promo page is old but the Moto Edge is the new phone for $50 tier plan as of this week
George1616 wrote: I wonder if this is a typo as it still shows free on an $80 plan and it is $200 upfront when you try to sign up on the $50 plan.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 23, 2006
1714 posts
253 upvotes
Don't forget to get a referal link to bring down the price by $50
Zoomer wireless $36/month: 5GB data + 800 minutes
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1968 posts
2838 upvotes
roedoe wrote: Black Friday I got a free iPhone 12 and a $300 gift card. And now you are telling me I need to pay $200 for some garbage MOTO phone? Is this a joke?
There was no such offer
Member
Jun 8, 2019
491 posts
585 upvotes
lenovo wrote: Clearly not a deal for you

I don't recall seeing any deals that you can sign up for a <$50 plan and get a free iphone 12 plus credit as new customer. Kindly share the deal that you got

Regarding 'garbage', maybe my bar is low but I don't consider phones with 144Hz screens to be in the budget category
The plan was $50/month, minus $10/month for 10 months, minus $5/month for adding a second line, but the phone financing was $15/month. So ye the plan together with the phone is $5 more.
I own a service with Public Mobile and with Fido.
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2011
401 posts
414 upvotes
Markham
The 6GB plan tier also has a $150 bill credit (+$50 referral) and is $40.50/month with a Moto G Power.

Screenshot 2022-01-12 222022.png
Zoomer Wireless | Fido
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 12, 2004
11391 posts
2005 upvotes
Guelph
I would wait for a free phone deal. Paying $200 for it doesnt seem that worth it to me if your locked in for two years. I would suggest to wait or go with BYOD and hold out.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 70-0-0 and counting.
Penalty Box
Nov 15, 2020
1942 posts
3828 upvotes
New year so you can get more referrals now. I think each person referring can get up to $300 in referral credits.
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Penalty Box
Nov 15, 2020
1942 posts
3828 upvotes
roedoe wrote: The plan was $50/month, minus $10/month for 10 months, minus $5/month for adding a second line, but the phone financing was $15/month. So ye the plan together with the phone is $5 more.
Yeah no way you got a $35 plan with a free iphone12 and $300 in credit so stop the BS

Edit: So it wasn't a free phone, you're paying $15 a month extra, that's not free.
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Newbie
Jul 16, 2020
55 posts
38 upvotes
My 2 year contract with zoomer is ending in a few months - would I be able to renew as a new song up and get the bonus credit and free phone again?
Member
Apr 11, 2007
361 posts
605 upvotes
Toronto
With Zoomer now but going to switch to another carrier. Zoomer is missing WiFi calling, VoLTE and "Roam like home" which is important for emergency use when traveling.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2011
1071 posts
400 upvotes
yourpubliclibrary wrote: My 2 year contract with zoomer is ending in a few months - would I be able to renew as a new song up and get the bonus credit and free phone again?
Free phone yes, but no sign up bonus.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)