Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

New Zoomer Wireless March Deal - $45/7GB + $0 TCL 20 Pro

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2022 7:36 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2721 posts
1596 upvotes
YVR

New Zoomer Wireless March Deal - $45/7GB + $0 TCL 20 Pro

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Zoomer Wireless
My contract is about to run out and been eyeing the offers from Zoomer for the past few months and the March offers just went live.

There are a few price points available, think the highlight of the offers is the $50 Plan for 7GB Data with a $0 cost TCL 20 Pro on a 2 year term. This phone required a co-pay of $200 on contract until this promo just now. Plans on Zoomer on a contract net 10% off, so effective rate for the plan is $45+tax.

Edit: This specific plan appears to not qualify for the $150 sign up bonus.
Referral credits of $50 should still be available (Please don't post referral requests/codes on RFD)

Effective cost breakdown:

Plan: $50/Month - 10% Discount ($5) = $45+Tax
Phone: TCL 20 Pro : $200 - $200 March Promo = $0.00
Referral Bonus: - $50
Total Commitment = (Plan $45 x 24 months) $1080 - Referral $50 = $1030 for 2 years. Average cost/ month = $43/month
Optional ( Sell Phone on secondary market ~400 ) - $400. = $630 for 2 years. Average cost / Month = $27/month

All rough math, of course there is some tax in there but it gets you a rough idea. There should be no sim card cost. No activation fees.

Did a quick check and the phone retails for about $800 with carriers ( likely a bit inflated as usual in Canada ). Secondary market doesn't have too many examples but looks to range from $450-$600.
If you offload at a very conservative low-end of $400, that gives you a discount of $16/mth and you just bring your own phone.

Will depend on the person if this fits. After everything the average monthly cost of about $40 (keeping phone), or $27 ( selling phone ) fits into your budget and needs.

Lots of users on RFD will attest to excellent customer service with Zoomer. And yes, they run on the Rogers network. There should be little to no difference between signal quality on Rogers and Zoomer.

Plenty of prior discussion from the January thread here, but think the new March offer warrants its own thread as the new phones and plans are out. Mods feel free to merge if deemed warranted. Cheers.
Last edited by TeriyakiJack on Mar 4th, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
169 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
17167 posts
22999 upvotes
Toronto
TeriyakiJack wrote: Lots of users on RFD will attest to excellent customer service with Zoomer. And yes, they run on the Rogers network. There should be little to no difference between signal quality on Rogers and Zoomer.
Cityfone, operated by Rogers Communications Canada Inc. is the reseller, biller and wireless service provider for the Zoomer Wireless program and provides all customer support and enrolment.

SERVICE AGREEMENT TERMS & CONDITIONS
https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/legal/document/208
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2018
1192 posts
1800 upvotes
Hamilton
NeedaSuit wrote: Need better phone options
The real value is reselling the included phone and bringing in whatever phone you want.
Feb 28, 2011
663 posts
527 upvotes
YYZ
No upgrade offer for existing customers yet so I'll just keep waiting
S̴̜̪̍̈́i̵͍͝g̵̖͗n̴̤̈́̕a̶̲̯̽t̷̰͒͊u̶͍̟͌r̷̝͐e̴̟͗̊ ̴̟͈̆n̶͕̪̔ŏ̸̢t̶̞̭̔ ̵͈͔̓ř̶͍ê̴ͅm̸̯̑ó̶̼͎v̸͕͠͠e̴̠͇̐͝d̸̳̂͛ ̶̠̤̏̄f̵̯̀ō̵̱͕͝r̶̰̚ ̵͓̞̂́b̶̹̌é̵̳͝i̷̗̘͐̋n̵͕̫̈́g̷̛̱̱͆ ̸̱̥̐̂i̵̮̍n̶̘̗̈́̚a̴̝̦͒͝p̶͓̉p̶͖̈́͛r̷̫̗̅͛o̶͇͒p̶͉̖̉̒r̷̳͙̅í̴̟̝ȃ̶̗̦t̶͖̽ȩ̵̦̌̎
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2232 posts
2894 upvotes
please treat existing customers better other than giving referral credits
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5839 posts
3101 upvotes
Winnipeg
This is a good deal
Zoomer Wireless | Public Mobile | Simplii | Tangerine | CIBC
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4916 posts
518 upvotes
GTA
Meh.. probably gonna switch from zoomer after 2 contracts.. no deals to be hand for existing customers
May 15, 2008
239 posts
653 upvotes
Good deal if need a middle range phone

Agree with everyone else on renewal offers

Wonder if one switch out, when would they be qualified as a new activation again
Apr 2, 2016
820 posts
952 upvotes
Zoomer not the greatest. It's meh. Try telus winback offer instead.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2013
1365 posts
564 upvotes
Markham
Anyone have any experience with the TCL 20 Pro? How does it compare to the Samsung A52?
13:6W-365. 14:11W-2134. 15:10W-1749. 16:4W-8120. 17:11W-2797. 18:8W-210. 19:7W-466. 20:20W-9316. 21:46W-4574. 22:48W-3948
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17099 posts
4904 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
As a current zoomer customer, I won't be renewing. No LTE voice, lack of roaming packages and below market plans are a turn off now.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8150 posts
4443 upvotes
This is clearly more useful to someone who doesn't need an excessive amount of data, but can sell the free phone off for $.

I don't see why you can't be a "new" Zoomer customer.... if you temporarily port your number to Freedom, similar to what people are doing to get Telus Winback offers.

02. Chat online with Freedom to order X + 1 new free SIM cards (ie: want 5 lines? Order 6 SIM cards from Freedom, etc). Freedom will only send 3 at a time so if you need more, chat again with another rep for 3 more. These will arrive quickly as they are delivered via FedEx. As above, tell the online rep(s) you want these for phones you just ordered and don't want to activate these, top them up or setup auto pay on these until they arrive, when you'll do so manually. Tell them you know the phones you bought are compatible with Freedom as they'll ask for phone specific IMEI numbers: don't give them any. They'll relent, then they'll check your postal code to verify your service area is supported by Freedom and finally send these unactivated SIMs via FedEx for free.
1. Setup a new Freedom prepaid or postpaid account. Prepaid is suggested as it doesn't involve a credit check. You can choose the cheapest plan they offer which is $9/month
2. Port out your number to Freedom mobile using Freedom's online chat.
And then I presume, order the Zoomer Wireless phone and port the number back into Zoomer.

Of course, all this porting business using Freedom seems to messy..... seems like it'd be easy to just port it to VoiP.ms and port it back....?
Aug 20, 2019
611 posts
368 upvotes
You should list out all the math. It's less than 29/month with statement credits and referral bonus. Still think virgin 35 for 12 gb is better deal as no contract and no hassle of offloading the phone.
Let the hoarding begin.....
Dec 7, 2007
333 posts
228 upvotes
zoomer is not that competitive any more, Fido/Virgin had better deals during certain holidays. Zoomer doesn't support calls over wifi, not sure if it supports now or not. Sure their customer service is great, but how many times you are going to call them?
Nov 27, 2013
152 posts
180 upvotes
Winnipeg
corollace wrote: zoomer is not that competitive any more, Fido/Virgin had better deals during certain holidays. Zoomer doesn't support calls over wifi, not sure if it supports now or not. Sure their customer service is great, but how many times you are going to call them?
I am a low data user who can get by easily on the Zoomer 4 GB plan. Can you please tell me what Fido or Virgin plan offers or offered (during a sale) a better value for such a plan than the Zoomer $36 plan with a free middling phone? Or is it just users needing higher data that saw better deals?
Dec 21, 2010
546 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
corollace wrote: zoomer is not that competitive any more, Fido/Virgin had better deals during certain holidays. Zoomer doesn't support calls over wifi, not sure if it supports now or not. Sure their customer service is great, but how many times you are going to call them?
For someone looking for a new phone + new plan (4/5 GB) ... I don't see any total monthly cost plans (2 year term), that is very competitive from Fido or Virgin.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1654 posts
1391 upvotes
Splashed wrote: I am a low data user who can get by easily on the Zoomer 4 GB plan. Can you please tell me what Fido or Virgin plan offers or offered (during a sale) a better value for such a plan than the Zoomer $36 plan with a free middling phone? Or is it just users needing higher data that saw better deals?
A couple of posts above cited $35 for 12gb.. I'm just like you, I'm on Zoomer with $36 plan for 6gb, and I don't really need more than that.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17099 posts
4904 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
raftermania wrote: Do they have wi-fi calling yet?
No. Its designed to be a 3rd tier, right above chatr service.

Fido gets better treatment on the network.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)