New Zoomer Wireless March Deal - $45/7GB + $0 TCL 20 Pro

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2022 7:36 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2009
1174 posts
319 upvotes
Burlington
malkib wrote: I confirm the A53 is available on a 45$ plan even though it is not yet listed on the website.
Do you know if it's the 128gb model with 6gb ram?
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
10588 posts
19802 upvotes
chdude3 wrote: What are people doing with their phones? I generally use about 500MB a month, never more than 1GB. This plan would be overkill, if something cheaper is available.
If you are not locked into your contract, go for the month by month plan with 2GB data for $27.

I did this last week, but you do not get a new phone, in case you were looking for one.
May 12, 2020
13 posts
9 upvotes
Phantasm wrote: Do you know if it's the 128gb model with 6gb ram?
Yep, 128Gb with 6Gb of ram.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4859 posts
182 upvotes
GTA
IDStorms wrote: If you are not locked into your contract, go for the month by month plan with 2GB data for $27.

I did this last week, but you do not get a new phone, in case you were looking for one.
I’ve never had a cell contract in my life. :)

I only see a 1GB plan for $27 (with a $100 credit if you agree to a 2 year commitment). Am I missing something, does it change based on province?
Rock it.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
10588 posts
19802 upvotes
chdude3 wrote: I’ve never had a cell contract in my life. :)

I only see a 1GB plan for $27 (with a $100 credit if you agree to a 2 year commitment). Am I missing something, does it change based on province?
Phone in, and tell them "you know someone" who got this plan.

No contract, no $100 credit, no phone, but they will give you a bonus 1GB data.
Feb 15, 2016
96 posts
56 upvotes
ronbro wrote: don't bother, reception is unacceptable! if you remember the early days of wind.... zoomer is worse than that. I'm in gta and miss 50% of my calls. I've complained several times and they blame my phone, I purchased new phone and same issue. missed incoming and dropped calls. its disgusting for the price we pay.
I've always had perfect service with zoomer.
Jan 15, 2019
2 posts
My wife and I have been with Zoomer for over 5 years. We have now experienced dropped calls frequently. I don't recall when that started, but we have never had any problems at least in the first few years. I called the support a few times. They reset the line card on their side, and we power cycled our phones but the problem persists. I use a Pixel 4a and my wife uses the Moto G Power. I am now looking to move to another provider.

I know Zoomer uses Rogers network, but Zoomer only supports 3G (I confirmed with the technical support). So what is the quality of Rogers' 3G network?

By the way, we live in Ottawa. But our dropped call problem happens in Toronto too when we travel there.
Deal Guru
Jun 20, 2020
12642 posts
15481 upvotes
Toronto
arow2069 wrote: My wife and I have been with Zoomer for over 5 years. We have now experienced dropped calls frequently. I don't recall when that started, but we have never had any problems at least in the first few years. I called the support a few times. They reset the line card on their side, and we power cycled our phones but the problem persists. I use a Pixel 4a and my wife uses the Moto G Power. I am now looking to move to another provider.

I know Zoomer uses Rogers network, but Zoomer only supports 3G (I confirmed with the technical support). So what is the quality of Rogers' 3G network?

By the way, we live in Ottawa. But our dropped call problem happens in Toronto too when we travel there.
Voice calls go over 3G (HSPA+) network, data uses the 4G LTE network.
https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/network_coverage

Zoomer does not have Voice over LTE (VoLTE), so would use the congested HSPA+ network

from https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/volte

What are the benefits of using VoLTE for calling?
VoLTE allows you to:
  • Receive higher quality calls with clearer audio between compatible phones.
  • Keep browsing, streaming and using apps at LTE speeds while on your call.
  • Take advantage of better coverage and connectivity – faster call connections in more places as we enhance our LTE network.
  • Enjoy seamless calling (no interruptions) when moving between our LTE network and Wi-Fi.

from https://www.fido.ca/support/mobility/vo ... e-over-lte

What is VoLTE?
VoLTE allows customers with a compatible device to make calls over our 4G LTE network. With VoLTE, you can:
  • enjoy better audio between compatible phones.
  • keep talking while browsing, streaming and using apps at 4G LTE speeds.
  • experience seamless calls (no dropping!) when moving between our mobile network + Wi-Fi.
  • take advantage of better coverage and connectivity – faster call connections in more places as we enhance our 4G LTE network.
Destiny is all
May 9, 2003
183 posts
145 upvotes
Hamilton
arow2069 wrote: My wife and I have been with Zoomer for over 5 years. We have now experienced dropped calls frequently. I don't recall when that started, but we have never had any problems at least in the first few years. I called the support a few times. They reset the line card on their side, and we power cycled our phones but the problem persists. I use a Pixel 4a and my wife uses the Moto G Power. I am now looking to move to another provider.

I am in Hamilton. Rarely get a dropped call. Think I may have when travelling through the Niagara region, but rarely.
Jan 16, 2011
763 posts
212 upvotes
Hamilton

Zoomers data is LTE 4G

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)