Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
dpw198 wrote: Does anyone have the name of the customer service rep at Zoomer who has been there the longest? I think his name was Shane? or Shan?

I've been having an invoice issue and have been trying to sort it out the past 3 weeks. Each time, I get a different person who tells me something different and I'm getting no where.

Thanks
It was Shan. He was great. But I have been told he no longer works at Cityfone/Zoomer.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Nov 23, 2015
907 posts
595 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: It was Shan. He was great. But I have been told he no longer works at Cityfone/Zoomer.
Ha, that guy was mentioned in these threads daily when the $36 deal first came out. I'm thinking one of two things happened, either his massive sales got him promoted to an executive vice president job, or his lack of productivity from fielding endless RFDer questions got him fired Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 23, 2015
907 posts
595 upvotes
Just wondering, when I was with Telus sometimes they'd waive the last few months of my outstanding device balance if I committed to another term. Does Zoomer ever do anything like that?
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
rolomonster wrote: It was Shan. He was great. But I have been told he no longer works at Cityfone/Zoomer.
That's too bad because none of the new guys I've been dealing with know much
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
dpw198 wrote: That's too bad because none of the new guys I've been dealing with know much
During one of my last interactions with Shan he mentioned that the most senior staff are usually working the chat and technical support lines. If you aren't able to get a clear and concise answer with them, I'd suggest to speak to a supervisor if needed.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
56kbps wrote: Just wondering, when I was with Telus sometimes they'd waive the last few months of my outstanding device balance if I committed to another term. Does Zoomer ever do anything like that?
No one has reported that yet. JMO, it is a no because Cityfone CSR go by the rule and does not deviate from the rule. But why you want to renew early as J3 is a not good phone to write home about. If you need a new phone right away, check out Koodo phone deals.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Nov 23, 2015
907 posts
595 upvotes
embguy wrote: No one has reported that yet. JMO, it is a no because Cityfone CSR go by the rule and does not deviate from the rule. But why you want to renew early as J3 is a not good phone to write home about. If you need a new phone right away, check out Koodo phone deals.
I'm still a year away, and for sure I wouldn't be renewing for the J3. I'd probably go back to Telus if that was the best option.

I was just thinking ahead to 8 or 9 months from now in case there is a better device option.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
56kbps wrote: I'm still a year away, and for sure I wouldn't be renewing for the J3. I'd probably go back to Telus if that was the best option.

I was just thinking ahead to 8 or 9 months from now in case there is a better device option.
Lots of thing will happen in 12 months. For the last couple of years, Telus with its Koodo and PM had offered deals for more with the similar monthly cost. But I found that sticking with Zoomer is a rewarding one. Sell the Zoomer cheap phone and pay for an inexpensive good phone from Koodo is the best way to go.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
56kbps wrote: I'm still a year away, and for sure I wouldn't be renewing for the J3. I'd probably go back to Telus if that was the best option.

Tried to do early upgrade couple time and they did not agree to waive the device balance.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 23, 2015
907 posts
595 upvotes
9613019 wrote: Tried to do early upgrade couple time and they did not agree to waive the device balance.
It's hard to blame them... their regular price is low relative to the competition so there is less urgency for them to lock in clients. Oh well, thanks for the answer.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
56kbps wrote: It's hard to blame them... their regular price is low relative to the competition so there is less urgency for them to lock in clients. Oh well, thanks for the answer.
I prefer to Cityfone sticking to the rule and no side deals so that we don't have to keep calling hoping to find a csr willing to give a better deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
56kbps wrote: It's hard to blame them... their regular price is low relative to the competition so there is less urgency for them to lock in clients. Oh well, thanks for the answer.
I was totally fine with it. Honestly I think it is better to keep anything simple and straight, which is fair to everyone. When I checked with them about waiving device balance, I just tryied to see whether they can change my service from Cityfone to Zoomer before 2 years mark.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
For anyone who has a Fido $15 tablet plan, Fido is offering 12 month free data without overage charge for BYOD. If you are in contract, you just need to payoff your device balance to get this. Basically free unlimited data usuage for a year. Not sure they will throttle it or not after certain limit.

See original post here.

fido-3gb-lte-data-plan-15-byod-no-contr ... #p28929209
Carry Tel Internet
May 6, 2017
159 posts
148 upvotes
Needed my phone unlocked as I didn't realized it was locked in the first place before travelling overseas. E-mailed in for an unlock code at 1 AM EST, got a response by 9:30 AM EST. Very happy.
Last edited by RFDblin on Feb 15th, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
RFDblin wrote: Needed my phone unlocked as I didn't realized it was locked in the first place before travelling overseas. E-mailed in for an unlock code at 1 AM EST, got a response by 8:30 AM EST. Very happy.
Their email reply is faster than many other carriers I tried before.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
RFDblin wrote: Needed my phone unlocked as I didn't realized it was locked in the first place before travelling overseas. E-mailed in for an unlock code at 1 AM EST, got a response by 9:30 AM EST. Very happy.
Their Customer Service is usually fantastic! That is one reason why many of us have stayed with them for years - and their Loyalty Plans don't hurt either!
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
May 11, 2008
763 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
aerius5 wrote: What about VoLTE (HD voice) or LTE+ on Zoomer? Do they have it?
Last time I checked they didnt have it.
I have LTE+ but not VoLTE, been on Zoomer for over a year now.

Wished we'd have VoLTE though.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1878 posts
810 upvotes
Winnipeg
Called yesterday to upgrade my wife's without Data plan to this posted plan, have been told will have to wait for another month to be a loyal customer as I am in my 5th month...however right after hanging up the call, started a chat session, and without any hiccups they have upgraded the plan to this in less than 5 mins...Thanks for all the info....Just chat with them and get it done.
Jan 8, 2012
78 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP!!! With PM raising the legacy voice plans to $33 a month, I will be signing up with Zoomer for only $3 more and will now have data...2GB to boot!! I run the risk of being on contract for 2 years but mom will love having the data.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)