Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 11:34 am
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2079 posts
506 upvotes
Ottawa
GR5 is no more :(
got iphone5s instead, going to resell it.
Dec 7, 2007
224 posts
60 upvotes
Me too, Which one is easier to sell iphone 5s or Samsung J3 ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3267 posts
1307 upvotes
Toronto
corollace wrote: Me too, Which one is easier to sell iphone 5s or Samsung J3 ?
Another option is the P10 lite with $75 upfront.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 7, 2007
224 posts
60 upvotes
9613019 wrote: Another option is the P10 lite with $75 upfront.
I don't need a phone, just get and sell it. I heard P10 won't be easier to sell in GTA .
Feb 4, 2014
2 posts
Gatineau
Looking at switching from Videotron, does Zoomer notify before you hit your data limit?
Mar 1, 2016
142 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Signed up for this $36 3GB/400 daytime promotion on Monday. Phone arrived here in Ontario less than 48hrs later. Porting my number from Freedom to Zoomer only took a few hours.

So far I'm really impressed with the Huawei P10 Lite. The network also seems very good (coming from Freedom). Good stuff!
RFD Effect: Zoomer $36 4GB Unlimited Talk/Text Loyalty ➡ ThinkPad E570 i7-7500U $651.20 ➡ Seiko 5 Men's Automatic $56.33 ➡ Brother DCP-L2520DW Laser Printer $79.99 ➡ Walls Arctic Zone Cotton Duck Jacket $17.27 ➡ Black&Decker 20V Drill+Impact $37.25
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4824 posts
2651 upvotes
M-Arkham
adamareid wrote: Signed up for this $36 3GB/400 daytime promotion on Monday. Phone arrived here in Ontario less than 48hrs later. Porting my number from Freedom to Zoomer only took a few hours.

So far I'm really impressed with the Huawei P10 Lite. The network also seems very good (coming from Freedom). Good stuff!
well, its technically the roger network, if your area got good roger signal, your network will be fine.
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4673 posts
300 upvotes
GTA
Does the p10 lite come with a case?
Mar 1, 2016
142 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ferkel wrote: Does the p10 lite come with a case?
It doesn't come with a case, but you can purchase one from Zoomer if you like.

The phone comes with a quick charger and ear buds.
RFD Effect: Zoomer $36 4GB Unlimited Talk/Text Loyalty ➡ ThinkPad E570 i7-7500U $651.20 ➡ Seiko 5 Men's Automatic $56.33 ➡ Brother DCP-L2520DW Laser Printer $79.99 ➡ Walls Arctic Zone Cotton Duck Jacket $17.27 ➡ Black&Decker 20V Drill+Impact $37.25
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3267 posts
1307 upvotes
Toronto
PgC705 wrote: Looking at switching from Videotron, does Zoomer notify before you hit your data limit?
I did not received any notification before. Maybe I have never been close to the data limit.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
May 19, 2015
1183 posts
576 upvotes
PgC705 wrote: Looking at switching from Videotron, does Zoomer notify before you hit your data limit?
Unfortunately Zoomer doesn't notify you... you need to watch your use either on your phone or logging into your account (which is quite simple tbh)

If you have an android, you can set a hard cap, I used to set it at like 1.9G so I know for sure I don't get charged extra as there's always minor differences between what your phone records and what the provider does. If you have an iPhone, then just check periodically.
Zoomer Mobile Customer - $36/month for 4 GB + free phone
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3267 posts
1307 upvotes
Toronto
corollace wrote: I don't need a phone, just get and sell it. I heard P10 won't be easier to sell in GTA .
Then iPhone 5S might be easier to sell.
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 17, 2003
459 posts
40 upvotes
Without reading a bajjillion threads in here, it looks like signing up with them may be the way for me to go, but I would like some clarification, if someone would happen to know the answers to the following:

1 - CAARP discount - can anyone get this or is there an age check? (one of the potential people to be added on to this is a senior anyhow)
2 - Do they have further discounts for 3 people (2 data and 1 talk/text) or is it overall better to get 3 individual plans.
3 - Loyalty after 6 months, if they over data does it stack, so with 2GB bonus would it be 5GB - i know this is all potential only and dependent on what they offer then etc etc
4 - What is the "bail out time" at the start - 10 or 15 days or ???? - should FidOH (LOL) attempt a winback? Has anyone done this (gone back to previous carrier?)
5 - Can I do one port at a time and refer my additional lines or do you have to be a member for a while to get this? ( hint ;) )
6 - Coverage is Rogers right?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3267 posts
1307 upvotes
Toronto
Tolo wrote: Without reading a bajjillion threads in here, it looks like signing up with them may be the way for me to go, but I would like some clarification, if someone would happen to know the answers to the following:

1 - CAARP discount - can anyone get this or is there an age check? (one of the potential people to be added on to this is a senior anyhow)
2 - Do they have further discounts for 3 people (2 data and 1 talk/text) or is it overall better to get 3 individual plans.
3 - Loyalty after 6 months, if they over data does it stack, so with 2GB bonus would it be 5GB - i know this is all potential only and dependent on what they offer then etc etc
4 - What is the "bail out time" at the start - 10 or 15 days or ???? - should FidOH (LOL) attempt a winback? Has anyone done this (gone back to previous carrier?)
5 - Can I do one port at a time and refer my additional lines or do you have to be a member for a while to get this? ( hint ;) )
6 - Coverage is Rogers right?
1. No age check.

2. i would go with individual plans, but they do have family plans for 2 to 4 users. You need to check your usage to see whether it is suitable for your needs.

3. No. You will only get 2GB data with the $36 loyalty plan, which is even less data than the current 3GB plan.

4. 30 days with very low usage. Fido will probably not offer you anything. Some carriers will do.

5. You can do that once your account is activated, but you have to setup a seperate account for each new user. The new user need to contact Zoomer to open an account.

6. Yes, Rogers network.
Carry Tel Internet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)