Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 11:25 am
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11553 posts
10529 upvotes
dealux wrote: Talking to elderly relatives who still use landlines is the issue for us. Younger relatives are all messaging anyway.
dealux wrote: Speakout has a $2 international calling add-on if you have a monthly plan with them (which start at $20), but adding data gets pricey. A VOIP solution might work, I'll look into it.
Few years ago, I was trying to find a cheap way to keep my home phone number. I decided to use freephoneline(FPL). I spent $25 for an used ATA box, $50 for FPL file(costs more now) and $25 to port my home number to FPL. After the initial $100 spending, I don't have monthly charge. Free unlimited calling to most Canadian cities.
freephoneline-ca-free-local-soft-phone- ... ip-821229/

Although the original intention was to keep the home phone number, now it being used for cheap calls to USA and oversea. All of us have Zoomer mobile plan, if we need to call USA, we use home phone or Fongo app on our smartphone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Mar 1, 2016
142 posts
88 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
embguy wrote: Few years ago, I was trying to find a cheap way to keep my home phone number. I decided to use freephoneline(FPL). I spent $25 for an used ATA box, $50 for FPL file(costs more now) and $25 to port my home number to FPL. After the initial $100 spending, I don't have monthly charge. Free unlimited calling to most Canadian cities.
freephoneline-ca-free-local-soft-phone- ... ip-821229/

Although the original intention was to keep the home phone number, now it being used for cheap calls to USA and oversea. All of us have Zoomer mobile plan, if we need to call USA, we use home phone or Fongo app on our smartphone.
Totally forgoet about Fongo. dealux, that may be a great option for your wife. You would set up a new number with Fongo and have her use that for international calls (and give relatives that new Fongo number to call her on). This would use zero minutes and calls made while on wifi would also not impact her data plan.
RFD Effect: Zoomer $36 4GB Unlimited Talk/Text Loyalty ➡ ThinkPad E570 i7-7500U $651.20 ➡ Seiko 5 Men's Automatic $56.33 ➡ Brother DCP-L2520DW Laser Printer $79.99 ➡ Walls Arctic Zone Cotton Duck Jacket $17.27 ➡ Black&Decker 20V Drill+Impact $37.25
May 3, 2011
131 posts
20 upvotes
is there wifi calling? I tried to activate it on my phone (Note 8) but was redirected to Rogers website, and it gave me an error when I input my phone number to activate the wifi calling.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2090 posts
509 upvotes
Ottawa
just got the sim and set it up on my sony from bell, seems to be only getting 3G (H+) speed vs it was showing LTE on Virgin network. What gives?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3294 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote: just got the sim and set it up on my sony from bell, seems to be only getting 3G (H+) speed vs it was showing LTE on Virgin network. What gives?
Have you changed your APN settings?
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2090 posts
509 upvotes
Ottawa
9613019 wrote: Have you changed your APN settings?
yes using ltemobile.apn now. Did a speedtest and it's only 5Mb/S. Not sure why unless my phone is limited to Bell LTE only (unlikely)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19338 posts
7462 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote: yes using ltemobile.apn now. Did a speedtest and it's only 5Mb/S. Not sure why unless my phone is limited to Bell LTE only (unlikely)
Test results are tower dependent. At home my speed tests suck. Just go down the road and connect to another tower and speed increases 10x.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet, $5/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2090 posts
509 upvotes
Ottawa
will888 wrote: Test results are tower dependent. At home my speed tests suck. Just go down the road and connect to another tower and speed increases 10x.
it was connecting as 3G, 20 minutes later somehow it is now connected to LTE. very weird but it works! Face With Tears Of Joy thanks
May 6, 2015
83 posts
112 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Received an iPhone 5S from Zoomer and it is 16gb in white/silver. Model number is ME297C/A.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3294 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto
Linktothepast wrote: Received an iPhone 5S from Zoomer and it is 16gb in white/silver. Model number is ME297C/A.
16GB is as expected. Not sure whether they only have 1 color or not.
Carry Tel Internet
Nov 14, 2003
333 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone have any problems with shortcode messages? I can't verify my number by SMS with Air BnB.
Jul 29, 2003
273 posts
56 upvotes
Lake Country
Thanks OP, signed up last night and customer service was great - she even asked if I had a referral as we would both get $25 if I had one. She said just get their info and you have 30 days from signup to add it to your account. What great customer service so far. I went with the iPhone 5S as this is for an older family member who doesn't need the latest and greatest device and is already familiar with the iOS platform.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1639 posts
1300 upvotes
jobooie wrote: Thanks OP, signed up last night and customer service was great - she even asked if I had a referral as we would both get $25 if I had one. She said just get their info and you have 30 days from signup to add it to your account. What great customer service so far. I went with the iPhone 5S as this is for an older family member who doesn't need the latest and greatest device and is already familiar with the iOS platform.
their CS is unbelievable. been with them 1 month and couldn't be happier.
Nov 7, 2013
16 posts
15 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP, just signed up. Only issue for me was I had to pay a $150 deposit because of my lack of credit history. I do have a decent credit score but I only have 1 credit card and it's under an year old. They did say this deposit will go back to my Zoomer account after 6 months if I make each payment on time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3294 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto
thealperson wrote: Thanks OP, just signed up. Only issue for me was I had to pay a $150 deposit because of my lack of credit history. I do have a decent credit score but I only have 1 credit card and it's under an year old. They did say this deposit will go back to my Zoomer account after 6 months if I make each payment on time.
6 month deposit is not that bad.
Carry Tel Internet

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)