Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2020 9:15 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 16, 2004
1968 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Does the J3 they ship have NFC?
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Member
Nov 17, 2003
459 posts
40 upvotes
Also to clarify things for folks. You can get the LG FNG (what ever the flip phone is) for $0 ($100 buyout) and it ties you into having a minimum 18 or 16$ plan (sorry can't remember the exact one) and you can freely move back and fourth as long as it is over that. This is a good deal if you want to BYOP and ever want to leave as it would be $100 - ($4.16 x number of months in the service). So say something better on another carrier comes up a year after joining Zoomer, $50 gets you out of that contract with them.
Newbie
Nov 26, 2006
42 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
karnige wrote: if you are a new customer then the OP is correct. 3 gigs of data , unlimited texting, 400 Canada wide minutes, etc for $36.
I just contacted Zoomer and their response to the 3GB, Unlimited for 40.50 was:
New promo for upgrade or new activation - meaning I would have to buy out my current plan for this one.
He (Mike) said it's not a loyalty offer. the next best offer that is loyalty is 4GB for $45+ tax
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3267 posts
1307 upvotes
Toronto
sjivraj wrote: I just contacted Zoomer and their response to the 3GB, Unlimited for 40.50 was:
New promo for upgrade or new activation - meaning I would have to buy out my current plan for this one.
He (Mike) said it's not a loyalty offer. the next best offer that is loyalty is 4GB for $45+ tax
So it is even better. You can get $36/3GB/400min or $40.5/3GB/unlimited as new activation or upgrade.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Newbie
Nov 26, 2006
42 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
9613019 wrote: So it is even better. You can get $36/3GB/400min or $40.5/3GB/unlimited as new activation or upgrade.
UPDATE: Mike just called me back. He was not aware but it is a loyalty plan promo they are currently offering.
40.50 for 3GB and unlimited
Sr. Member
Nov 7, 2014
727 posts
335 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have a non-zoomer phone. The LTE works fine but I notice once a day or every few days that mobile internet just stops working. If I toggle airplane mode it starts working again. Is this normal? Or do you think it is a problem with my phone?
Member
User avatar
Nov 14, 2003
319 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
panckage wrote: I have a non-zoomer phone. The LTE works fine but I notice once a day or every few days that mobile internet just stops working. If I toggle airplane mode it starts working again. Is this normal? Or do you think it is a problem with my phone?
Your phone
Newbie
Jun 24, 2017
66 posts
39 upvotes
Wait the 40.50 was unlimited? I was told that it was only unlimited incoming calls as a new customer when I phoned in :(
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32159 posts
18014 upvotes
Ottawa
Dudeydudee wrote: Wait the 40.50 was unlimited? I was told that it was only unlimited incoming calls as a new customer when I phoned in :(
$40.50 is a loyalty plan and as a new customer you're not eligible.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3267 posts
1307 upvotes
Toronto
Dudeydudee wrote: Wait the 40.50 was unlimited? I was told that it was only unlimited incoming calls as a new customer when I phoned in :(
It is unlimited as a loyalty plan. You need to stay with them for 6 month to get it.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1763 posts
897 upvotes
sjivraj wrote: UPDATE: Mike just called me back. He was not aware but it is a loyalty plan promo they are currently offering.
40.50 for 3GB and unlimited
vkizzle wrote: $40.50 is a loyalty plan and as a new customer you're not eligible.
9613019 wrote: It is unlimited as a loyalty plan. You need to stay with them for 6 month to get it.
Anyone know what the overages are on the $40.50 Loyalty Plan?
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11386 posts
10404 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: Anyone know what the overages are on the $40.50 Loyalty Plan?
5 cents/1MB at 1MB increment while you are on a market plan.
2 cents/1MB at 1MB increment after switching to a loyalty plan after 6 months.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
2079 posts
506 upvotes
Ottawa
maybe six months after the first wave of customers that signed up for 3GB, they will consider upgrading the loyalty plan again. Hopefully will see 4GB for $40 at the end of the year or something.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11386 posts
10404 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: maybe six months after the first wave of customers that signed up for 3GB, they will consider upgrading the loyalty plan again. Hopefully will see 4GB for $40 at the end of the year or something.
It is possible as long as other carriers continue to their lower plan price. Zoomer will be force to adjust their plan to stay competitive.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)