Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 2:58 pm
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
2444 posts
1329 upvotes
just got the 6-month loyalty plan! It was super easy. These guys have the best service around, took less then 5 minutes. I spent over 5 hours in the last week with bell for my parents tv/internet/homephone and they still screwed it up.
Got that Zoomer account!
Aug 17, 2008
651 posts
68 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Yes, it will work.
Sorry, but do you know where I can double check (not that I don't believe you - I just want to really make sure)? Thanks!
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2011
1045 posts
1097 upvotes
hunt3rshadow wrote: Sorry, but do you know where I can double check (not that I don't believe you - I just want to really make sure)? Thanks!
If you don't trust the answer of people replying, why bother asking?

Fido is owned by Rogers, same with Zoomer, also owned by Rogers. They all run on the same network. It works. Period.
Dec 8, 2017
71 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Is there any way to stop receiving the zoomer magazine in the mail. It's a bit of an annoyance, and also a waste of paper for me.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32737 posts
18509 upvotes
Ottawa
hunt3rshadow wrote: Sorry, but do you know where I can double check (not that I don't believe you - I just want to really make sure)? Thanks!
Just take a leap of faith...we all did and 0 regrets! :)
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1639 posts
1300 upvotes
hunt3rshadow wrote: Quick question, but I noticed someone linked a post that only had a certain list of phones that Zoomer would work with.

Anybody know if a Samsung S6 from Fido would work? (unlocked of course)
definitely will dont worry.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4150 posts
2499 upvotes
Edmonton
isgaard wrote: Fido is owned by Rogers, same with Zoomer, also owned by Rogers. They all run on the same network. It works. Period.
Zoomer runs on the same network, but they're not owned by Rogers as far as I know. They're an independent MVNO that resells service from Cityfone, which Rogers does own.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
757 upvotes
Could someone provide a summary for the plans that they have?
$40, $45, $50, $55, $60 with 10% off. $36, $40.50, $45, $49.50, $54.

What features do they have?
May 22, 2015
222 posts
84 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
If my family has been with them for six months in June, can I add a line to their account and immediately get the 6 month plan?
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4938 posts
2779 upvotes
M-Arkham
hunt3rshadow wrote: Quick question, but I noticed someone linked a post that only had a certain list of phones that Zoomer would work with.

Any phone that work on Fido/Roger will work with Zoomer(cityfone)
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
ChinpokoMon wrote: Zoomer runs on the same network, but they're not owned by Rogers as far as I know. They're an independent MVNO that resells service from Cityfone, which Rogers does own.
Exactly. They are not owned by Rogers.
Jan 12, 2018
16 posts
3 upvotes
ChinpokoMon wrote: Zoomer runs on the same network, but they're not owned by Rogers as far as I know. They're an independent MVNO that resells service from Cityfone, which Rogers does own.
"Cityfone is a Canadian cellular network service reseller owned by Rogers Communications which acquired it in 2010 for CAD$26 million. It provides services through Rogers Wireless."
Jan 12, 2018
16 posts
3 upvotes
joolsca wrote: Exactly. They are not owned by Rogers.
"Cityfone is a Canadian cellular network service reseller owned by Rogers Communications which acquired it in 2010 for CAD$26 million. It provides services through Rogers Wireless."
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
1974 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto

You can check compatibility here
https://willmyphonework.net

As others have posted Zoomer is a reseller of Cityphone, so look for that when you pick the carrier
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

cmosve, Penoo