Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 11:34 am
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1492 posts
836 upvotes
Earth
@shoppingguy:

All Family Plan users must be on the same account; min. 2 users, max. 4 users. $40 and $45 Couples plans; 2 users only. Monthly fee applies to the first 2 users; additional users are extra. Wireless usage is charged on a per minute basis and is rounded up....
Zoomer Wireless: $40.50 6GB 4G LTE, Unlimited Calling & Text
Public Mobile
Oct 5, 2010
47 posts
125 upvotes
9613019 wrote: Chatted with Zoomer in the morning.
That's sad. Is it true for the Loyalty plan as well? They wouldn't give me the bonus and I was about a month away.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
3169 posts
716 upvotes
Toronto
justme11 wrote: That's sad. Is it true for the Loyalty plan as well? They wouldn't give me the bonus and I was about a month away.
No. When I opened an account yesterday, he told me that it's only 3GB and I can request for unlimited canada and 4GB in 6 months.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3267 posts
1306 upvotes
Toronto
justme11 wrote: That's sad. Is it true for the Loyalty plan as well? They wouldn't give me the bonus and I was about a month away.
Loyalty plan is still 4GB.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11381 posts
10397 upvotes
Troydabes wrote: No. When I opened an account yesterday, he told me that it's only 3GB and I can request for unlimited canada and 4GB in 6 months.
With my past experience, Zoomer has not reverse any upgrade to their loyalty plans. Expect the extra 2GB stays on with their loyalty plans after 6 months with Zoomer.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3499 posts
3769 upvotes
Toronto
Troydabes wrote: No. When I opened an account yesterday, he told me that it's only 3GB and I can request for unlimited canada and 4GB in 6 months.
still not bad, after 6 months we all pretty much end up on the same plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1492 posts
836 upvotes
Earth
Asking via online chat....

RFD: I don't see any plans or phones.
Zoomer: Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We'll have IT look into it.
Zoomer: IT is already working on it. Please check our website in a few hours. I can explain what plans we have.

The best plan right now is the standard $36 3GB with the E5 or J3. So no changes at the moment. We'll see when the website updates are deployed.

Update: phones and plans are back up on the Zoomer Wireless website.
Zoomer Wireless: $40.50 6GB 4G LTE, Unlimited Calling & Text
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2541 posts
484 upvotes
Burlington
Account is messed up. Last bill they show as 2016
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Dec 3, 2007
961 posts
218 upvotes
Ottawa
Heads up for anyone switching from Petro Mobility. Petro doesn't use account numbers, so you have to provide Zoomer with the number you want to port, the PIN you created when you set up your account, and the EMEI number on the phone you're currently using with Petro. My port failed because they did not ask for all that info.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11381 posts
10397 upvotes
Ferkner wrote: Heads up for anyone switching from Petro Mobility. Petro doesn't use account numbers, so you have to provide Zoomer with the number you want to port, the PIN you created when you set up your account, and the EMEI number on the phone you're currently using with Petro. My port failed because they did not ask for all that info.
Petro Mobility and Speakout are managed by the same company. Therefore, no account number for porting requirement. People should provide more info.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2079 posts
506 upvotes
Ottawa
phillipsbluebuck wrote: Just aheads up. I got resistance but they added 1gb to my plan even though I'm only 3 months into 3gb contract. Don't take no for an answer. Rep even informed me that they did give data for a few days to people not eligible for loyalty. I got choked since I had called earlier this month for my family. Asked for a manager and eventually they added it.
do u have a chat log that they gave an exception? thanks!
Dec 3, 2007
961 posts
218 upvotes
Ottawa
embguy wrote: Petro Mobility and Speakout are managed by the same company. Therefore, no account number for porting requirement. People should provide more info.
You have to make sure that Zoomer also doesn't put your phone number in the account number field because that will come back with an error. they've submitted a request to port my number for the third time now. hopefully this time it works.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)