Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 8:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3294 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto
bestknightmare wrote: does the $36 4GB plan come with voicemail and call display?
Yes, mini voicemail and call display.

The loyalty plan will give you the enhanced voicemail.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5828 posts
982 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Daijoubu wrote: Yep, basic 3/3/3 mins/VMs/days, loyalty plans after 6 months is 10/10/10 IIRC
What the heck is 3/3/3 and 10/10/10?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1749 posts
475 upvotes
CS is offering LG G5(limited quantity).....is that better J3 or E5?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9249 posts
2017 upvotes
Montreal, QC
bestknightmare wrote: CS is offering LG G5(limited quantity).....is that better J3 or E5?
Alofile wrote: What is CS? Please
Customer Service, better yes but susceptible to overheating/bootloop issue after 2 years in.
Nov 26, 2015
830 posts
569 upvotes
Ontario
bestknightmare wrote: CS is offering LG G5(limited quantity).....is that better J3 or E5?
Assuming CS means customer service; Here is my opinion.

LG G5 (minus any bootloop related worries) is all around way better phone than the other 2. However, for software compatibility in the future, the E5 might be the best since it is running Andriod 8.0. It also depends on the subsidy hit being applied against your account. J3=$250, E5=$150, LG G5???. However subsidy hit means nothing if you plan on staying for the full 2 years.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9249 posts
2017 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Etabol wrote: Assuming CS means customer service; Here is my opinion.

LG G5 (minus any bootloop related worries) is all around way better phone than the other 2. However, for software compatibility in the future, the E5 might be the best since it is running Andriod 8.0. It also depends on the subsidy hit being applied against your account. J3=$250, E5=$150, LG G5???. However subsidy hit means nothing if you plan on staying for the full 2 years.
+1 on Android 8 and low subsidy for the E5 Play
Subsidy on the G5 is going to be terrible if you ever break contract, not even worth the resale value.
Nov 23, 2015
729 posts
411 upvotes
Winnipeg
Etabol wrote: Assuming CS means customer service; Here is my opinion.

G5 is $250 no term.

G5 has good specs, definitely better than E5. But it's pretty long in the tooth at 2.5 years old. It could be pretty painful using that two years from now.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1749 posts
475 upvotes
the spec i pulled for J3 and E5 are also pretty old. E5 only have 1 gb ram....... that wouldnt support anything

my wife that is getting this plan is actually using one plus one......probably better spec but it is getting errors now and 4 years of trash in the machine
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3294 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto
bestknightmare wrote: the spec i pulled for J3 and E5 are also pretty old. E5 only have 1 gb ram....... that wouldnt support anything

my wife that is getting this plan is actually using one plus one......probably better spec but it is getting errors now and 4 years of trash in the machine
G5 is much better than E5 and J3. It also has a better resale value.

When they say limited stock, it is very limited. Get it while you can.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Dec 29, 2004
279 posts
229 upvotes
G5 specs hold up well despite it being a 2.5 year old device.

There is no comparison between it and the J3 Prime or E5 play.

Current Android version for it is 8.0.0. We have one, from Fido. Just off contract, now we have the $36 plan... and a backup G5.
Feb 27, 2011
52 posts
8 upvotes
Concord
Does anyone have problems sending mms pictures when wifi is on? Ive tried two separate phones and neither work unless I am off wifi. I have factory reset both phones and not played with the settings. A few calls to zoomer but they weren't able to fix my issue.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11555 posts
10530 upvotes
tmcilroy wrote: Does anyone have problems sending mms pictures when wifi is on? Ive tried two separate phones and neither work unless I am off wifi. I have factory reset both phones and not played with the settings. A few calls to zoomer but they weren't able to fix my issue.
We don't have this problem. We are using iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, LG G5 and Huawei GR5 with Zoomer.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Feb 27, 2011
52 posts
8 upvotes
Concord
Thanks for confirming this should work. I tried a 3rd phone still had the same issue. Going to try to get help from zoomer again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)