Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 9:11 am
Feb 27, 2011
52 posts
8 upvotes
Concord
Just finished chat with them and the response was "it might depend on the phone, but usually you do need to turn the WiFi off to receive MMS on our network"
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3563 posts
3814 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
Can one account do more than 1 referral?

thanks y'all!
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11404 posts
10414 upvotes
raskal wrote: Can one account do more than 1 referral?

thanks y'all!
Refer out - YES.
You will not get another "refer in" credit for the second line on the same account. You can self refer yourself and create another account for the second line.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Apr 19, 2017
61 posts
27 upvotes
da_123 wrote: G5 specs hold up well despite it being a 2.5 year old device.

There is no comparison between it and the J3 Prime or E5 play.

Current Android version for it is 8.0.0. We have one, from Fido. Just off contract, now we have the $36 plan... and a backup G5.
Ya but all LG phones have the boot loop issue.
Dec 29, 2004
276 posts
223 upvotes
Millenial1994 wrote: Ya but all LG phones have the boot loop issue.
Really - all?

We received a LG G5 from Fido - Black Friday 2016. We're still using it, zero issues. On Oreo. Just moved it over to Zoomer as the contract was over.

Took the new G5 as a spare, or to sell.
Apr 19, 2017
61 posts
27 upvotes
da_123 wrote: Really - all?

We received a LG G5 from Fido - Black Friday 2016. We're still using it, zero issues. On Oreo. Just moved it over to Zoomer as the contract was over.

Took the new G5 as a spare, or to sell.
Yes, all, even the new LGs. Quick google search will tell you.
Mar 12, 2006
493 posts
94 upvotes
Calgary
Public Mobile has a $8 200 minutes US long distance and minutes don't expire, does Zoomer have an add-on like this ?
Mar 25, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
Getting this deal requires giving the rep specifics of the deal when signing up? I assume they won't try to sell me a similar deal that isn't quite as good as 4/400 for $36.
These secret deals make zero sense to me.
Nov 23, 2015
727 posts
405 upvotes
Winnipeg
modleaz wrote: Getting this deal requires giving the rep specifics of the deal when signing up? I assume they won't try to sell me a similar deal that isn't quite as good as 4/400 for $36.
These secret deals make zero sense to me.
As I recall there was no stress, hassle or upsell attempt. Just told them I wanted the $36 deal and they took it from there. Zoomer is generally regarded as a solid customer service company, no shenanigans with them.
Mar 25, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
Agreed, they confirmed the deal quickly on the online chat. It really is that easy.

(No less confused about why they don't just post the deal in writing somewhere.)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5795 posts
966 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
56kbps wrote: As I recall there was no stress, hassle or upsell attempt. Just told them I wanted the $36 deal and they took it from there. Zoomer is generally regarded as a solid customer service company, no shenanigans with them.
Agree 100%

Forget all the hassles you are typically used to getting from other companies.

As to not advertising this "deal" - possible restriction by Rogers as somebody posted.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5795 posts
966 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
A bit off topic, but there seem to be a lot of people on this thread that know zoomers offers better than me.

Wrt the "loyalty plan" for cellphones after 6 months, is there something similar for Zoomers wireless homephone?
Some additional capabilty or enhancements Zoomers will add simply for the asking?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1104 posts
373 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Just want to confirm that the 36.00 plan is still available, if you click on the link in OP's post, it's no longer available.

Update: Just read OP's post again and saw that it's NOT posted on their site. Can someone please still confirm! Did anyone sign up today?

Thx
Apr 23, 2007
50 posts
7 upvotes
tmcilroy wrote: Does anyone have problems sending mms pictures when wifi is on? Ive tried two separate phones and neither work unless I am off wifi. I have factory reset both phones and not played with the settings. A few calls to zoomer but they weren't able to fix my issue.
I previously had this problem on Telus but don't have with Zoomer. I believe the solution though was the recent upgrade to oreo on my Moto device.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)