Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 11:34 am
May 2, 2015
113 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
embguy wrote: Not unlimited calling.
The $40.5 plan has only unlimited incoming minutes. It is not the same as unlimited calling as you need to tell the person you want to talk to to call you.
Just to point this out before people getting charge for minutes overage.
Oh seriously? Lame. That’s not what the rep said. Ah well. Thanks for the info.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11381 posts
10397 upvotes
wwhchung wrote: Oh seriously? Lame. That’s not what the rep said. Ah well. Thanks for the info.
https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/plans#smartphone
$40.50 plan is $45 plan after 10% off
Click om details to view what is included with the $45 plan.

What's included
250 Daytime Minutes (7AM-6PM)
Canada-wide minutes
UNLIMITED Evenings and Weekends: 6PM-7AM
UNLIMITED Incoming Minutes
UNLIMITED Incoming Text Messages
UNLIMITED Text & MMS (Canada/INTL)
500 MB Data
Call Display
Call Waiting
Conference Calling
Mini Voicemail
Name Display
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
May 2, 2015
113 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
embguy wrote:
https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/plans#smartphone
$40.50 plan is $45 plan after 10% off
Click om details to view what is included with the $45 plan.

What's included
250 Daytime Minutes (7AM-6PM)
Canada-wide minutes
UNLIMITED Evenings and Weekends: 6PM-7AM
UNLIMITED Incoming Minutes
UNLIMITED Incoming Text Messages
UNLIMITED Text & MMS (Canada/INTL)
500 MB Data
Call Display
Call Waiting
Conference Calling
Mini Voicemail
Name Display
Wait a sec. I just checked with rep. $40.50 for unlimited Canada wide calling and 4GB LTE. It’s unlisted promo till end of month. Try chatting with a rep. It’s a different plan than the one you listed. I’m in BC.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11381 posts
10397 upvotes
wwhchung wrote: Wait a sec. I just checked with rep. $40.50 for unlimited Canada wide calling and 4GB LTE. It’s unlisted promo till end of month. Try chatting with a rep. It’s a different plan than the one you listed. I’m in BC.
Ask whether it is a loyalty plan as loyalty plan has unlimited Canada wide calling.

Why pay extra $4.5 for the $40.50 loyalty plan?
You get the same thing from the $36 loyalty plan
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
May 2, 2015
113 posts
102 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
embguy wrote: Ask whether it is a loyalty plan as loyalty plan has unlimited Canada wide calling.

Why pay extra $4.5 for the $40.50 loyalty plan?
You get the same thing from the $36 loyalty plan
You’re right in that it’s the same as the loyalty plan. Except I don’t have to wait 6 months and can get the cost reduction later.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11381 posts
10397 upvotes
wwhchung wrote: You’re right in that it’s the same as the loyalty plan. Except I don’t have to wait 6 months and can get the cost reduction later.
It is nice to know. Zoomer is feeling the heat with the migration offers from big 3.
I am predicating we will have Zoomer $36/5GB plan sometime this year.

History of Zoomer $36 plan
2014 $36/1GB --> 2016 $36/2GB --> 2018 $36/4GB
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3279 posts
3385 upvotes
GTA
10. What happens after my 2 year contract is over?

You can either sign another 2 year commitment and get another subsidized device or just continue on with the plan you have (including, of course, the bonus data) at the same price - bonus minutes / data does not go away and the price does not go up at all.
So this plan will be 4GB indefinitely? I thought that in general bonus data is only for the length of the contract.
Jul 29, 2012
32 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to order the $36/4GB plan last night, thanks OP! I think the rep said it's on until at least the end of the month. I went with the LG Q6, as I'll be selling it and it seemed to catch a better price (even though if I was ordering for something I'd actually use the one-year older LG G5 seems like a better phone).

I should mention I was on a Cityfone account and talking with Zoomer, and there wasn't any trouble adding me to the new plan. Very smooth! Definitely my favourite telecoms company right now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5773 posts
963 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
forestsprite wrote: I was able to order the $36/4GB plan last night, thanks OP! I think the rep said it's on until at least the end of the month.
When would we typically find out if the $36/4GB plan would be renewed for another month?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11381 posts
10397 upvotes
krs wrote: When would we typically find out if the $36/4GB plan would be renewed for another month?
I think that the $36/4GB plan will be renewed for another month because big-3 are doing migration offer - Rogers/Fido and Bell/Virgin/Lucky.
Jun 5, 2017
45 posts
4 upvotes
Hi all,

I was going to use the LG G5 from this deal but found the model is LG-H831 which has no bootloader unlocked, so I can't root the phone to put on custom ROMS. As I result I'm planning on buying a XiaoMi A2 Lite (https://www.amazon.ca/Xiaomi-Lite-Camer ... r=8-1&th=1) and using that with the Zoomer plan. Anyone know if there's any issue with doing that?

The $36 plan can come with any of the following devices for $0:

- Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime
- Moto E5 Play
- LG G5
- LG Q6

The device will be in manufacturer box but with seal opened as they need to inspect the phone for insurance purpose. No Zoomer branding.

Does anyone have an idea which of these has the best resell value and how long they take to resell? I did check Kijiji and EBay to get a rough estimate but I'm not sure if it's accurate as these are postings not actual sales, I don't know the true value from these just asking price.

Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime - ~$130
Moto E5 Play - ~$200
G5 - ~$200
LG Q6 - ~$260

I was thinking of going with the LG Q6 or the Moto E5 Play due to price listings on Kijiji and Ebay. Q6 seems higher priced but there's more postings for the Moto E5 Play and it also released more recently (2018). As a conservative estimate I am hoping I could get around $150 for either of those considering box is opened but product is new. What do you guys think? Will it take a long time to sell one of these in the GTA given they aren't flagships? Which one is best choice?

Thanks for any tips!

edit: Edited to clarify that I am not sure if the prices I found listed are actually what I will get for the phones
Last edited by coleonredflag on Feb 23rd, 2019 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11381 posts
10397 upvotes
coleonredflag wrote: Hi all,

I was going to use the LG G5 from this deal but found the model is LG-H831 which has no bootloader unlocked, so I can't root the phone to put on custom ROMS. As I result I'm planning on buying a XiaoMi A2 international and using that with the Zoomer plan. Anyone know if there's any issue with doing that?

From my understanding the $36 plan can come with any of the following devices for $0:

- Samsung Galaxy J3 Prime
- Moto E5 Play
- LG G5
- LG Q6

The device will be in manufacturer box but with seal opened as they need to inspect the phone for insurance purpose. No Zoomer branding.

Does anyone have an idea which of these has the best resell value and how long they take to resell? I did check Kijiji and EBay to get a rough estimate but I'm not sure if it's accurate as these are postings not actual sales.

Moto E5 Play - ~$200
G5 - ~$200
LG Q6 - ~$260

I was thinking of going with the LG Q6 or the Moto E5 Play due to price listings on Kijiji and Ebay. Q6 seems higher priced but there's more postings for the Moto E5 Play and it also released more recently (2018). I am hoping I could get around $150 for either of those considering box is opened but product is new. What do you guys think? Will it take a long time to sell one of these in the GTA given they aren't flagships? Which one is best choice?

Thanks for any tips!
Don't get fooled by the asking price on Kijiji. People can ask what they want all day long. It does not mean that it will be sold on the asking price. If you don't get any offer, you need to lower your asking price to get it sold.
Jun 5, 2017
45 posts
4 upvotes
embguy wrote: Don't get fooled by the asking price on Kijiji. People can ask what they want all day long. It does not mean that it will be sold on the asking price. If you don't get any offer, you need to lower your asking price to get it sold.
That's precisely why I'm asking for input from others about actual resale values and how long they may take to sell, rather than simply assuming the asking prices I saw are what I will end up selling for. I figured others might have some anecdotal experience or other way of telling what phone is best for resale, or maybe nobody is even buying these low end phones to begin with. Thanks for your input.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5773 posts
963 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
coleonredflag wrote:

Does anyone have an idea which of these has the best resell value and how long they take to resell? I did check Kijiji and EBay to get a rough estimate but I'm not sure if it's accurate as these are postings not actual sales, I don't know the true value from these just asking price.

Moto E5 Play - ~$200
G5 - ~$200
LG Q6 - ~$260

I was thinking of going with the LG Q6 or the Moto E5 Play due to price listings on Kijiji and Ebay. Q6 seems higher priced but there's more postings for the Moto E5 Play and it also released more recently (2018). As a conservative estimate I am hoping I could get around $150 for either of those considering box is opened but product is new. What do you guys think? Will it take a long time to sell one of these in the GTA given they aren't flagships? Which one is best choice?
On ebay you can always search sold listings and see what a phone actually sold for.

The Moto E5 Play is $149.00 at pcmobile with a two year warranty - so I would think you are lucky to get $120 for it.
https://www.pcmobile.ca/prepaid_phones.jsp
I had a Samsung J3 from Zoomers that I put on Kijiji for $150 and then actually sold for $120.-
Jun 5, 2017
45 posts
4 upvotes
krs wrote: On ebay you can always search sold listings and see what a phone actually sold for.

The Moto E5 Play is $149.00 at pcmobile with a two year warranty - so I would think you are lucky to get $120 for it.
https://www.pcmobile.ca/prepaid_phones.jsp
I had a Samsung J3 from Zoomers that I put on Kijiji for $150 and then actually sold for $120.-
Thanks for the input! Didn't realise I could do that on Ebay, I'll check it out! And good to know about what you ended up with for your J3. Did it take a long time to sell?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)