Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 8:40 pm
Jul 26, 2016
93 posts
23 upvotes
Bleh. I signed up on Wednesday and tried to get the $100 credit today, guy wouldn’t budge. Probably could have cancelled and signed up again but I did get the $50 referral at least.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3294 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto
doctorcru wrote: Bleh. I signed up on Wednesday and tried to get the $100 credit today, guy wouldn’t budge. Probably could have cancelled and signed up again but I did get the $50 referral at least.
Call to cancel and they may give you the credit.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Jul 26, 2016
93 posts
23 upvotes
9613019 wrote: Call to cancel and they may give you the credit.
I already ported my number like an impatient dummy!
May 8, 2017
43 posts
3 upvotes
GTA
board_salomon wrote: Am I the only unlucky one here? I renewal a new 2 year contract 4 days ago and received the phone yesterday. I have not even opened the phone and I learned they are offering $100 credit for the new sign up today. Many of you called back and received the credit without any issue. But when I called back, I was told they cannot do it for me because I have upgraded already? I then argued that they have the 30 day garantee... But the lady told me I will have to return the phone and sign up a new line and I will also lose all loyalty plan!
What phone did you get?
I renew mine on Nov 24 and so far there is no email or phone (A50). Chat agent said there's a back up because of the Black Fri.
Jul 15, 2007
66 posts
64 upvotes
Markham
Signed up in mid Nov, asked and got the $100 bill credit on top of referral just now. Thanks
Aug 20, 2019
117 posts
69 upvotes
shinstar wrote: Signed up in mid Nov, asked and got the $100 bill credit on top of referral just now. Thanks
Thanks, did the same and just got the credit as well. Encourage anyone to do the same that signed up recently.
Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB
Mar 7, 2008
349 posts
66 upvotes
I received the phone today. Can I just pop the SIM card and insert into my own phone to activate it? Or I must use their phone to activate the SIM card?
Jun 5, 2008
59 posts
40 upvotes
Toronto
mouseswimming wrote: I received the phone today. Can I just pop the SIM card and insert into my own phone to activate it? Or I must use their phone to activate the SIM card?
You can use any unlocked phone.
Jul 26, 2016
93 posts
23 upvotes
shinstar wrote: Signed up in mid Nov, asked and got the $100 bill credit on top of referral just now. Thanks
Tried again after getting denied before and got the credit without any hassle!
Dec 13, 2018
7 posts
83 upvotes
This offer is live again.

$36 for 3gb and 400mins
$50 referral is still ongoing

Deal is 1gb less than black Friday but not bad for those who missed the deal!
Dec 26, 2006
226 posts
354 upvotes
Burnaby
When I signed up back in Sept it was also advertised as $36 for 3gb and 400 mins.

However my plan actually came with 4gb of data which I'm super happy with.
Jul 24, 2012
635 posts
85 upvotes
I got a Moto G7 play about 2 months ago, now it randomly saying no sim card, emergency call only. I have to restart the phone and it worked again. Wondering what is the problem with it? It happened a few times already. Should I get a replacement?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11553 posts
10529 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: I got a Moto G7 play about 2 months ago, now it randomly saying no sim card, emergency call only. I have to restart the phone and it worked again. Wondering what is the problem with it? It happened a few times already. Should I get a replacement?
Things to try:
1. Take SIM card out and install it again
2. Take the SIM card out. Use an eraser to clean the copper contacts on the SIM card.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Jul 24, 2012
635 posts
85 upvotes
embguy wrote: Things to try:
1. Take SIM card out and install it again
2. Take the SIM card out. Use an eraser to clean the copper contacts on the SIM card.
I just did the 2nd option, turn it back on, it still say no sim card. Is it the phone problem or the sim card problem? This is a new sim card that I used for 2 months but this is just happening a few days ago.
Edit: then I turned it off, turn it on again, it works. I think it will do it again randomly like before.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11553 posts
10529 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: I just did the 2nd option, turn it back on, it still say no sim card. Is it the phone problem or the sim card problem? This is a new sim card that I used for 2 months but this is just happening a few days ago.
Edit: then I turned it off, turn it on again, it works. I think it will do it again randomly like before.
Try your SIM card in another unlocked phone, from friend or family, to determine whether it is hardware or SIM issue.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!