Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 6:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 11, 2008
7478 posts
930 upvotes
GTA
nufan wrote: Has anyone on Zoomer had problems receiving picture messages? Most of my messages come through iMessage which isn't a problem but a buddy had tried to send Picture Messages from his Android device and I never get them. His normal text messages come through fine. Ironically he is on Rogers, which should be using the same network, any ideas?
I have this problem occasionally as well. Sometimes it takes multiple sends for me to receive the pics. I get the message but the pics won't open or download.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11552 posts
10528 upvotes
nufan wrote: Has anyone on Zoomer had problems receiving picture messages? Most of my messages come through iMessage which isn't a problem but a buddy had tried to send Picture Messages from his Android device and I never get them. His normal text messages come through fine. Ironically he is on Rogers, which should be using the same network, any ideas?
sillysimms wrote: I have this problem occasionally as well. Sometimes it takes multiple sends for me to receive the pics. I get the message but the pics won't open or download.
iPhone iMessage uses it own protocol to send/receive messages which is not supported by Android phone. Enable SMS/MMS messaging under the iMessage settings.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to- ... -on-iphone

Please note that iMessage can send message to a group of users. You need to enable "Group messaging" also on iMessage settings.
Google Messages app can send/receive group message which uses MMS to send even the message is simple text message without picture.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 11, 2008
7478 posts
930 upvotes
GTA
embguy wrote: iPhone iMessage uses it own protocol to send/receive messages which is not supported by Android phone. Enable SMS/MMS messaging under the iMessage settings.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to- ... -on-iphone

Please note that iMessage can send message to a group of users. You need to enable "Group messaging" also on iMessage settings.
Google Messages app can send/receive group message which uses MMS to send even the message is simple text message without picture.
Thanks - my problem isn't related to iMessage as I don't have an iPhone or use it. Mine is just regular MMS on Android. Most times it is fine but there are times pictures don't work at all. Don't know if it is Zoomer related or not.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11552 posts
10528 upvotes
sillysimms wrote: Thanks - my problem isn't related to iMessage as I don't have an iPhone or use it. Mine is just regular MMS on Android. Most times it is fine but there are times pictures don't work at all. Don't know if it is Zoomer related or not.
Do a quick procedure.
1. Enable data as MMS use mobile data only. WiFi will not work with MMS.
2. Reset network setting
3. Restart your phone to configure APN setting automatically.

If MMS is still not working, you can manually update your APN settings.
You can also call Zoomer support to reset your account and initialize your APN.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Member
May 7, 2003
213 posts
36 upvotes
I went to the Virgin Mobile website and chatted with the agent, and the 8gb for $45 is a winback offer. So you can't just switch from Zoomer. I think we need to keep this thread active so that we can stay informed of what offers Zoomers are getting as our plans come up for expiry.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 28, 2005
5828 posts
982 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Strange comment by the agent about a "winback" offer.
I never ever had a cell phone with Virgin so there is nothing to "win back"

I received the offer in the mail because I switched my home internet to Virgin when they had the 1/2 price plus $100 offer.

Yeah, so not generally available, but it indicates a trend - more data for the same price - that's all I wanted to point out.
Member
User avatar
Aug 28, 2011
273 posts
389 upvotes
Toronto
Just called in and spoke with a friendly associate named, Kent.

We were discussing in market plans/phones since my mom was up for renewal back in April. I also brought up the whole "loyalty plan" being discontinued and I was told that they actually had a meeting just earlier regarding this. They know that customers feel like they're being treated unfairly and some people were referred under the impression that they would be able to switch to a loyalty plan 6 months in. A final decision would be made next month to bring back loyalty plans in some form/manner (maybe not under the exact same terms/conditions, but something that still benefits long term users).

I told him that this was pretty awesome, that associates were bringing this up to management and pushing back. Even better that this was being considered and not out right denied.
Moderator
User avatar
Oct 31, 2007
3439 posts
485 upvotes
embguy wrote: iPhone iMessage uses it own protocol to send/receive messages which is not supported by Android phone. Enable SMS/MMS messaging under the iMessage settings.
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to- ... -on-iphone

Please note that iMessage can send message to a group of users. You need to enable "Group messaging" also on iMessage settings.
Google Messages app can send/receive group message which uses MMS to send even the message is simple text message without picture.
Thanks I realize iMessage is different and most ppl I text have iPhones so not really an issue, but just noticed when my buddy on android sent a picture (meaning MMS instead of iMessage) I don’t receive them. Like sillysimms said I just get an empty text from him in place of what should be the picture he sent. This worked fine when I was on Bell with same setup. I turned off MMS and back on again, see if that helps. If it bugs me too much I’ll contact Zoomer support.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11552 posts
10528 upvotes
nufan wrote: Thanks I realize iMessage is different and most ppl I text have iPhones so not really an issue, but just noticed when my buddy on android sent a picture (meaning MMS instead of iMessage) I don’t receive them. Like sillysimms said I just get an empty text from him in place of what should be the picture he sent. This worked fine when I was on Bell with same setup. I turned off MMS and back on again, see if that helps. If it bugs me too much I’ll contact Zoomer support.
@nufan
The iPhone user needs to configure the iMessage in order to send/receive MMS with to/from an Android phone.
Why your configuration works with Bell, IDK.
But what I said on my previous works. I had help people on how to configure iPhone to send/receive MMS to/from Android phone.
Read the link and set it up.

@sillysimms
If your friend is using an iPhone and you are not getting MMS using your Android, ask your friend to configure iMessage on your friend's iPhone using the link I sent your earlier.
Sorry, I forgot about your friend may be using an iPhone. Make sure to enable data on your Android phone.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8776 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
Just wanted to chime in. New customer. Got the 6gb unlimited plan for 40.50 + tax. Pretty happy with it. I guess I could've gone winbacks and called/talked to reps/lucked out and got more data with another company and paid maybe 5/10 dollars more but this seemed like the easiest route. Got a free phone too A20 and the 'bonus' since I knew somebody who had Zoomer already.


Highly recommended.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11552 posts
10528 upvotes
CHINAdeals wrote: Just wanted to chime in. New customer. Got the 6gb unlimited plan for 40.50 + tax. Pretty happy with it. I guess I could've gone winbacks and called/talked to reps/lucked out and got more data with another company and paid maybe 5/10 dollars more but this seemed like the easiest route. Got a free phone too A20 and the 'bonus' since I knew somebody who had Zoomer already.
Zoomer may want to get rid of the $36 plan by adding the sweetener to the $40.50 plan with unlimited minutes + 6GB data.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8776 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
embguy wrote: Zoomer may want to get rid of the $36 plan by adding the sweetener to the $40.50 plan with unlimited minutes + 6GB data.
Last I checked the 40.50 plan was not available at the moment. It does seem as if plans/retention plans are coming down in price.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11552 posts
10528 upvotes
CHINAdeals wrote: Last I checked the 40.50 plan was not available at the moment.
I am confused. You just said in your last post that you got the 6gb unlimited plan for 40.50 + tax. Now, the $40.50 is not available.
Available or not?
It does seem as if plans/retention plans are coming down in price.
They canceled all individual loyalty plans on May 8.
Details of the retention plans please.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 27, 2004
8776 posts
354 upvotes
Toronto
It was available but now the promotion is over. Just found out about this thread now so wanted to share my experience in the last month of using it.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 11, 2008
7478 posts
930 upvotes
GTA
embguy wrote: @nufan
The iPhone user needs to configure the iMessage in order to send/receive MMS with to/from an Android phone.
Why your configuration works with Bell, IDK.
But what I said on my previous works. I had help people on how to configure iPhone to send/receive MMS to/from Android phone.
Read the link and set it up.

@sillysimms
If your friend is using an iPhone and you are not getting MMS using your Android, ask your friend to configure iMessage on your friend's iPhone using the link I sent your earlier.
Sorry, I forgot about your friend may be using an iPhone. Make sure to enable data on your Android phone.
Thanks. The friend I text with most is on Android and it happens randomly. It happens from time to time with others as well. Sometimes resending it makes it go through, other times, they'll end up just emailing the picture. It's odd that it has only started happening in the last 6 months. Not sure why.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)