Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 5:50 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11553 posts
10529 upvotes
sillysimms wrote: Thanks. The friend I text with most is on Android and it happens randomly. It happens from time to time with others as well. Sometimes resending it makes it go through, other times, they'll end up just emailing the picture. It's odd that it has only started happening in the last 6 months. Not sure why.
Call Zoomer tech support to refresh your account.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $7 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9248 posts
2017 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Wait, so is the promo over? I see 3GB and 4GB respectively for $36/40.5
Jul 26, 2016
93 posts
23 upvotes
I think they're saying that the loyalty plan is over. For now at least.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1889 posts
1848 upvotes
So I understand that Zoomer, SimplyConnect and Cityfone are all the same company. They have all have exactly the same plans, but Zoomer's plan have an additional 10% discount on them. Why is that?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3294 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto
wildzero wrote: So I understand that Zoomer, SimplyConnect and Cityfone are all the same company. They have all have exactly the same plans, but Zoomer's plan have an additional 10% discount on them. Why is that?
Actually there is only one company, Cityfone. Zoomer, Simply Connect and RBC Talk are just programs that work with a third party. When you receive your contract, you will notice that the legal entity is always Cityfone.

The reason for the 10% discount on Zoomer is probably because that the original targets of the plan are seniors.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2090 posts
509 upvotes
Ottawa
just finished my 2 year contract, was planning to downgrade to the $30 1GB plan during the lockdown but found out all loyalty plan has been discontinued. Darn. Hopefully, some other carriers have promo later so maybe I will switch out if they don't up their game again.
Oct 24, 2010
414 posts
241 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm debating right now between this plan, Fizz at $39/month, or Koodo at $45/month. I'm leaning heavily towards Zoomer.

Does Zoomer allow porting for area codes outside of where one lives?

I have a 403 area code living in Ottawa. To move to Fizz, I'd need to get a new number. If Zoomer lets me keep the 403, I'm in for it. I hate changing my phone number.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3294 posts
1328 upvotes
Toronto
Dynatos wrote: I'm debating right now between this plan, Fizz at $39/month, or Koodo at $45/month. I'm leaning heavily towards Zoomer.

I have a 403 area code living in Ottawa. To move to Fizz, I'd need to get a new number. If Zoomer lets me keep the 403, I'm in for it. I hate changing my phone number.
I think Fizz asks you to change the area code since they do not have subscription in Ottawa. Zoomer does not have such restriction, so I do not see any reason they will not let you keep you number.
Zoomer Wireless, Koodo Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Oct 24, 2010
414 posts
241 upvotes
Ottawa
9613019 wrote: I think Fizz asks you to change the area code since they do not have subscription in Ottawa. Zoomer does not have such restriction, so I do not see any reason they will not let you keep you number.
Fizz only allows subscriptions for residents of Quebec or the NCR (Ottawa is included), so one needs a 613, 343 (both Ottawa), or Quebec area code to subscribe.
Last edited by Dynatos on Jun 30th, 2020 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 24, 2010
414 posts
241 upvotes
Ottawa
andreid wrote: Why are you boys still in here? Maybe you still have 2 years to go on your contract? Why are you begging on your knees for an additional 1GB?

[Fido] 7GB FOR $45/mo- + $0 iPhone 6s +a New Line !!HOT!!
[Rogers] Rogers giving extra 10gb as appreciation YMMV
I'm not sure that I understand your comment.

$36, BYOD, no term, 5GB + 800 minutes is better than what you've linked.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1277 posts
1366 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Dynatos wrote: I'm debating right now between this plan, Fizz at $39/month, or Koodo at $45/month. I'm leaning heavily towards Zoomer.

Can confirm Zoomer lets you port in any Canadian number.

Did this for 4 new Zoomer phones recently from 2 different provinces. 2 from Rogers, 1 from Virgin (Bell) and even 1 prepaid line from Petro-Canada mobility.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

redmintgold, win-star