Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1073 posts
229 upvotes
9613019 wrote: They have never put the 3GB promo on their website.
I think they did last week, but I'm not sure it was for 2 GB or 3 GB. But today, the extra data promotion is not on the site. Anyone tried to use Zoomer's promotion with fido for negoitation? My contract is up, I'm not sure if I should jump on the Zoomer deal, really attractive for this plan and money.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Dealfinder111 wrote: I think they did last week, but I'm not sure it was for 2 GB or 3 GB. But today, the extra data promotion is not on the site. Anyone tried to use Zoomer's promotion with fido for negoitation? My contract is up, I'm not sure if I should jump on the Zoomer deal, really attractive for this plan and money.
The 2GB promo is still on the website.

You can call Fido to see what they can do, but the chance is very low as they do not have such plan in their system.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
May 29, 2017
25 posts
12 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: I think they did last week, but I'm not sure it was for 2 GB or 3 GB. But today, the extra data promotion is not on the site. Anyone tried to use Zoomer's promotion with fido for negoitation? My contract is up, I'm not sure if I should jump on the Zoomer deal, really attractive for this plan and money.
I did refer to the Zoomer promo link when negotiating my contract with Fido, first they said nenver heard of Zoomer and not even sure Zoomer has LTE. They tried to convince me that I won’t get a good service from Zoomer by saying I will get what I paid for. Fido offered me $5 off $45 (2Gb, unlimited everything) for 6 months, then I have to contact them again, which I declined. Then they offered $45 for 4GB and unlimited everything... Long story short, I jumped ship and I’m happy with the experience so far. You can try to negotiate but I find that by doing so, they just gave me the reason to switch.
Nov 7, 2010
61 posts
280 upvotes
Ok, I think I'm going to grab the $22.50($25) plan with 150 mins doubled for a total of 300 if it is still available but I have a question. For any of you that might be on the zoomer network and just have the talk and text plan... Is the 2017 LG K4 which comes free with this plan good enough for talk, text and checking email, facebook and playing the odd crappy FB game all through wifi obviously as not taking data or should I consider paying extra for a better phone? Hopefully looking for people who have the K4 and have first hand experience on zoomers network.
Feb 11, 2015
197 posts
248 upvotes
Penoo wrote: Ok, I think I'm going to grab the $22.50($25) plan with 150 mins doubled for a total of 300 if it is still available but I have a question. For any of you that might be on the zoomer network and just have the talk and text plan... Is the 2017 LG K4 which comes free with this plan good enough for talk, text and checking email, facebook and playing the odd crappy FB game all through wifi obviously as not taking data or should I consider paying extra for a better phone? Hopefully looking for people who have the K4 and have first hand experience on zoomers network.
I'm going to be honest 1 gb of ram with the SnapDragon 210 is not going to be the best experience in 2018. But you can always get the cheapest phone for the subsidy and get the Galaxy A5 or LG Q6 for less than $100 on the Koodo/Wow mobile deals.
Public mobile $15 + Fido $15 Tablet plan
Zoomer: $36, 4gb data
Apr 23, 2003
663 posts
400 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
fubsabob wrote: I'm going to be honest 1 gb of ram with the SnapDragon 210 is not going to be the best experience in 2018. But you can always get the cheapest phone for the subsidy and get the Galaxy A5 or LG Q6 for less than $100 on the Koodo/Wow mobile deals.
Don't forget the P10 Lite for $75 on the $36 plan. Go J3 or GR5 vs K4, but if you are aiming for better than flip phone and low device subsidy... the J1 and K4 are about the same. A5 and Q6 require too much upfront, ca $150+ or so (but you should double check with Zoomer)
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Upgraded SO's $22.5 plan to this promo, had 9 months left on the $150 subsidy, so $56.25 to pay (using my Roger's MC cash back :))
Thanks to a fellow RFD's had $25 credit also to offset it.

Wifey will be happy with 3GB of data and not having to leech off my hotspot lol
Had to explain what exactly was 3GB...850 songs or 300 10MB PDFs or 20x150MB Netflix episodes, but she uses offline Spotify and Netflix already

Was tempted to get the J3 because of the Samsung brand name but its specs are crap, went with the GR5 instead, eventually someone smart will buy it because it's a decently spec'ed phone.
Can't become an unscrupulous seller that sells crappy name brand products lol
Last edited by Daijoubu on Mar 26th, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 27, 2016
203 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the well documented topic.

Subscribed on March 20 with referral from RFD user
received SIM card and phone on March 26
called to port my number from another carrier, done in few minutes !
Fido $30 70GB
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
what phone would you guys get and why? samsung j3 vs GR5

my dad will just be using it for calls and the camera, not data or games or anything.
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
riseagainstthemachine wrote: what phone would you guys get and why? samsung j3 vs GR5

my dad will just be using it for calls and the camera, not data or games or anything.
I would get the GR5 for bigger screen.
Carry Tel Internet
Jan 20, 2012
559 posts
494 upvotes
LONDON
riseagainstthemachine wrote: what phone would you guys get and why? samsung j3 vs GR5

If it's for daily use and not going to have Custom ROMs, your best bet is the J3 for daily casual use. I played with one and it wasn't a bad phone for those who need something basic. GR5 is a very slow phone from what I have been reading.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
kellmike626 wrote: If it's for daily use and not going to have Custom ROMs, your best bet is the J3 for daily casual use. I played with one and it wasn't a bad phone for those who need something basic. GR5 is a very slow phone from what I have been reading.
yes this is his first smart phone and doesnt know at all how to use it. thays why i think the button on the fromt is better for him too
Got that FIDO account!
Jan 20, 2012
559 posts
494 upvotes
LONDON
riseagainstthemachine wrote: yes this is his first smart phone and doesnt know at all how to use it. thays why i think the button on the fromt is better for him too
Samsung's UI is pretty easy to navigate too. Personally, I have never used the GR5, but you will probably be okay with either, especially if it's only for the uses you specified. I would just naturally think that if something went wrong with the Samsung one that the warranty process might be a bit easier too.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
kellmike626 wrote: Samsung's UI is pretty easy to navigate too. Personally, I have never used the GR5, but you will probably be okay with either, especially if it's only for the uses you specified. I would just naturally think that if something went wrong with the Samsung one that the warranty process might be a bit easier too.
As far as I know, Futuretel is the warranty repair service provider for both Samsung and Huawei, as well as LG and One Plus.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
9613019 wrote: As far as I know, Futuretel is the warranty repair service provider for both Samsung and Huawei, as well as LG and One Plus.
for a $90 I would prob just scap it and buy a new one.

Also I am buying the j3 off a rfd'er. anything I should be checking at the meetup?
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
is it 3gb now? for some reason i thought it was 2gb.
Mar 13, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
divx wrote: is it 3gb now? for some reason i thought it was 2gb.
They upped it to 3 GB, according to the live chat agent it's on till April 1st.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39339 posts
6342 upvotes
Winnipeg
Noopster159 wrote: They upped it to 3 GB, according to the live chat agent it's on till April 1st.
i'm current customer, do i get upped auto or do i need to ask?
Mar 13, 2018
11 posts
1 upvote
divx wrote: i'm current customer, do i get upped auto or do i need to ask?
Based off the other answers from previous pages, it seems you have to re-sign for another 2 years and you'll go down to 400 canada wide minutes.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
divx wrote: i'm current customer, do i get upped auto or do i need to ask?
they wont do it. i just chatted with them
Got that FIDO account!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)