Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer 36$ plan with 5GB data/800 min anytime/unlimited txt - NO REFERRALS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2021 1:42 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
Aggy wrote: Funny. Just got off chat and they said expires today.
ditto if today is the last day the cs rep activates the plan during your call. you won't get it for a week but at least you are good to go. you can always cancel it within the month.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
Aggy wrote: Funny. Just got off chat and they said expires today.
Maybe try another rep. Personally I think some reps may not be aware of the extension. Just chatted with Zoomer and confirmed the new expiry date of April 30.
Zoomer Wireless, Fido Tablet Plan
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2006
2925 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
xeoreg wrote: My GR5 from Zoomer earlier this month had a sticker with the unlock code on the box. The unlock code (it seems generic for the GR5's) is 9712622431751121. Try it and it'll probably work, as the sticker has links for rogers.com/device-unlock and fido.ca/device-unlock on it.
It's not generic. I recently got the unlock code emailed from Zoomer.
May 3, 2003
917 posts
864 upvotes
Toronto
I just called and was told they're extending through April as well.

Some reps might want to get their new activation count for the month so they're not telling you about the extension.

I'm hoping for a change in phone selection by late April. Please please please. I'm guessing the market is already flooded with BNIB Samsung J3 Primes and Huawei GR5s.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
eshum wrote: I just called and was told they're extending through April as well.

Some reps might want to get their new activation count for the month so they're not telling you about the extension.

I'm hoping for a change in phone selection by late April. Please please please. I'm guessing the market is already flooded with BNIB Samsung J3 Primes and Huawei GR5s.
I waited 3 years and the selection is still crap. Lol
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: I waited 3 years and the selection is still crap. Lol
Even though they do not have good phone selections, some phones have better resale value than others.
Carry Tel Internet
Jul 21, 2003
980 posts
184 upvotes
Rep told me they are almost out of GR5's so hopefully they would replace it with something.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
juggie wrote: Rep told me they are almost out of GR5's so hopefully they would replace it with something.
As long as they have enough J3 prime, they may not add more phones.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
9613019 wrote: Even though they do not have good phone selections, some phones have better resale value than others.
I couldn't be bothered.
Even the fairly new LG Q6 already flooded kijiji and the likes.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
3659 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: I couldn't be bothered.
Even the fairly new LG Q6 already flooded kijiji and the likes.
We will see a lot of P10 Lite soon.
Carry Tel Internet
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
I think Zoomer is not going to upgrade the $36 loyalty plan with 3GB data.

The following are the offer going forward:
1. $36 loyalty unlimited minutes + 2GB data
2. $36 400 minutes + 3GB data (non loyalty plan)
3. $45 loyalty unlimited minutes + 4GB data

[JMO - speculation]
I had been speculating when Cityfone will upgrade the $36 loyalty plan since the $36 3GB market plan started 2 months ago. After putting these plan side-by-side, it is sort of making sense why they are not upgrading the current $36 loyalty plan. They may create a new $36 loyalty plan with only 400 minutes +3GB data in near future for the new subscriber with the $36 3GB market plan after 6 months. With the new loyalty plan in mind, subscriber can pick the $36 plan with 3GB data vs unlimited minutes OR pay $9 more for $45 loyalty unlimited minutes + 4GB data. $45 for 4GB data is sort of the norm nowadays except the current PM to Koodo $40/6GB data plan. With the new $36 loyalty plan, subscribers can switch loyalty plan without renewing a new contract.
[/JMO - speculation]
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2241 posts
669 upvotes
Mississauga
yellowmp5 wrote: I opened a second line with zoomer, waiting for a week to get the SIM to mail over to me from BC. so I don't think they are charging me now. Dunno if they can be hold for a month.

CORRECT me if I'm wrong please.
when you transfer a 2nd line, do you get the $25x2 referral? I'm considering moving my line over but want to get the credits.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
guessguy wrote: when you transfer a 2nd line, do you get the $25x2 referral? I'm considering moving my line over but want to get the credits.
You get $25x3 if you open 2 accounts for your 2 lines.
Activate line1 = $25
Line1 refers to line 2 = $25
Line2 = 1x$25
Total = 3x$25
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1810 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
guessguy wrote: when you transfer a 2nd line, do you get the $25x2 referral? I'm considering moving my line over but want to get the credits.
I didn't bother with the referral,

Because if I opened 2nd line under another account, I pocket $25 x 2. But when I merge the 2 accounts, it will cost me $35? So I only get $15 in total, but I had to call in again and go through a long procedure. $15 not worth my time...
Nov 22, 2016
6 posts
1 upvote
embguy wrote: BYOD = month-to-month = no contract = $36 200 minutes + 500mb data
2years contract = $36 400 minutes + 3gb data + free phone
This is probably a pretty silly question, but can I get the 2 year contract + plan + free phone, then just use the SIM in my iphone and sell / keep the other phone as a backup or something?
Mar 4, 2008
176 posts
244 upvotes
Toronto, ONT
profnagy wrote: This is probably a pretty silly question, but can I get the 2 year contract + plan + free phone, then just use the SIM in my iphone and sell / keep the other phone as a backup or something?
Yes, that's what I did
Aug 9, 2012
38 posts
67 upvotes
This is my first time not on prepaid. Is there any way to stop overages (automatically stop calls/data, no roaming, etc) and setup auto payments so there is no action needed from me and no surprises?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
infiniteloop wrote: This is my first time not on prepaid. Is there any way to stop overages (automatically stop calls/data, no roaming, etc) and setup auto payments so there is no action needed from me and no surprises?
You need to setup auto payment with Zoomer. Roaming in Canada is free.
No way to stop overage.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
profnagy wrote: This is probably a pretty silly question, but can I get the 2 year contract + plan + free phone, then just use the SIM in my iphone and sell / keep the other phone as a backup or something?
I told the cs rep keep the Sim out I might want to use my own phone. he said he understood a lot of ppl use their own phones.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
9613019 wrote: I just called them for your case and they said the promo is extend for another month. Now you have enough time to wait until the end of April.
eshum wrote: I just called and was told they're extending through April as well.

Very much appreciated, thank you!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)