Expired Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer $54/month plan + $100 upfront for a Pixel 3, 7GB LTE Data, Unlim. Text/Call

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2019 10:09 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27030 posts
6403 upvotes
Hamilton
BRKAMZN wrote: I agree, but the signal is not that good. There are actually some dead spots in GTA. Like in a washroom at some buildings.
T H I C C walls
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1052 posts
408 upvotes
do referrals apply to month to month as well or only contracts?
Jan 29, 2015
144 posts
100 upvotes
hmm already on the $36 4GB plan, don't really need the extra 3GB so total cost for me would be $100 + $18*24 months...
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1557 posts
886 upvotes
Earth
PCreighton wrote: Last year what I did was take free phone with then plan then sold phone on Kiji.
This is what a lot of people do, take one of the $0 phones and sell it to help offset the plan cost or decrease the cost to buy the phone of their choice.
escalade wrote: can you sign up with zoomer but hold off on getting a phone until they get some decent ones in ?
Zoomer now has BYOP options on their website here...

escalade wrote: do referrals apply to month to month as well or only contracts?
I don't believe referrals apply to month to month customers, but confirm with Zoomer.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
May 26, 2014
129 posts
104 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
rytwjyx wrote: hmm already on the $36 4GB plan, don't really need the extra 3GB so total cost for me would be $100 + $18*24 months...
I just contacted Zoomer Wireless this morning looking for a counter offer for Virgin Mobiles and Public Mobiles 6gb/$40.
Zoomer Wireless offered me 5gb/$40.50 if you need the extra gig.
Apr 26, 2009
300 posts
30 upvotes
are you able to negotiate the minutes? I find that I don't need so much data but I run out of minutes from time to time.
JasonD983 wrote: I just contacted Zoomer Wireless this morning looking for a counter offer for Virgin Mobiles and Public Mobiles 6gb/$40.
Zoomer Wireless offered me 5gb/$40.50 if you need the extra gig.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1557 posts
886 upvotes
Earth
tingoting wrote: are you able to negotiate the minutes? I find that I don't need so much data but I run out of minutes from time to time.
The best thing to do is call them and see what they say. In the past they've usually stuck to the script and not offered any additional minutes or data, unless it's some loyalty perk being offered to others as well. But with competition they may be more willing. Good luck.
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1217 posts
284 upvotes
I wonder if they'll provide an update of phones for those on the $36 plan?
Apr 23, 2003
517 posts
262 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
tingoting wrote: are you able to negotiate the minutes? I find that I don't need so much data but I run out of minutes from time to time.
Have you been with Zoomer for 6 months? If yes, you are eligible for their loyalty plans at the same price but you get unlimited minutes and more voicemails. If not, consider moving to the $40.50 plan which has unlimited incoming minutes or just use VOIP services such as WhatsApp, Google Hangouts, etc. You can use these apps to call your friends which will incur data and not voice minutes.
May 26, 2014
129 posts
104 upvotes
Calgary, Alberta
Im currently on unlimited calling/texting. You should be able to ask for it. Im off contract
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1907 posts
771 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
I would love to switch back to sooner. But there travel plans are a joke. Unless you have a dual sim phone they are useless for travel to the US.
Apr 26, 2009
300 posts
30 upvotes
I have been with them for just a month shy of 4 years now (2 of 2-year contracts). They never told me about the unlimited min. I am on the $40 plan and pay $36 + taxes.
DStriderX wrote: Have you been with Zoomer for 6 months? If yes, you are eligible for their loyalty plans at the same price but you get unlimited minutes and more voicemails. If not, consider moving to the $40.50 plan which has unlimited incoming minutes or just use VOIP services such as WhatsApp, Google Hangouts, etc. You can use these apps to call your friends which will incur data and not voice minutes.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
3043 posts
2067 upvotes
Canadia
klgmna wrote: Can this be had on BYOD with no term?
Choose the Alcatel flip phone as your handset. You should be able to sell it for $50 on Facebook Marketplace or Kijji.

It only has a $100 subsidy, so you can BYOD and if you decide to leave Zoomer you will pay a maximum of $100 penalty (reduced by $4.17 per month over 24 months).
Apr 26, 2009
300 posts
30 upvotes
So I am on a chat with zoomer rep and I am told that I didn't get it before because I never asked

tingoting wrote: I have been with them for just a month shy of 4 years now (2 of 2-year contracts). They never told me about the unlimited min. I am on the $40 plan and pay $36 + taxes.
Apr 23, 2003
517 posts
262 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
tingoting wrote: So I am on a chat with zoomer rep and I am told that I didn't get it before because I never asked
Good for you. You should also have 4 GB of data for you $36 loyalty plan, correct?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2571 posts
509 upvotes
Burlington
Was a zoomer for about 5 years. Switched to KoodNo with their S9 deal. Not happy. Way more dead/slow zones. Been back and forth with CS too many times to count. At some point (about 4 months ago) it stopped being worth the headache. Gonna pay the tab and hit up Zoomer again.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Dec 14, 2012
593 posts
128 upvotes
Unless you have a dual sim phone they are useless for travel to the US.
x2

Would be nice if they had the +$8/day, using your existing data/phone/text plan, when travelling to US (similar to Rogers).
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
19677 posts
7789 upvotes
Toronto
Redflagger4 wrote: x2

Would be nice if they had the +$8/day, using your existing data/phone/text plan, when travelling to US (similar to Rogers).
I thought the pixel 3 has e-sim capability. That means one plan on a physical SIM and a whole boatload on the e-sim.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/4GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank, Simplii
Apr 26, 2009
300 posts
30 upvotes
correct. now it's the debate of upgrading my plan to get pixel 3 for free or keep my plan and get a phone somewhere else
DStriderX wrote: Good for you. You should also have 4 GB of data for you $36 loyalty plan, correct?
Apr 23, 2003
517 posts
262 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
tingoting wrote: correct. now it's the debate of upgrading my plan to get pixel 3 for free or keep my plan and get a phone somewhere else
($54 - 36 = 18) X 24 = $432 + 192 in taxes ($8 difference on the plans based on 12%) = 624 + 100 = $724 is cost of your Pixel 3 with Zoomer. If you are unable to afford paying for a phone outright, re-signing with Zoomer is the obvious choice.

Pixel 3 on Google is $599 X 12% = $670.88
Pixel 3 XL is available on Amazon for $613 X 12% tax = $ 686.56 <<-- Amazon's deal is the best since it is the 3 XL

However:
- the bang for your buck is the 3A for $350 on the $36 plan. It has the same camera the flagship 3 and 3XL and has a headphone jack if you don't want to deal with the hassle of selling phones, etc.
- consider renewing with the G7 Play and selling it to offset the cost of purchasing the Pixel 3 outright. If going this route, get the P3XL from Amazon
- take your chances and see what is available around Black Friday on Zoomer (maybe something and maybe nothing) and elsewhere. Note: all carriers make it impossible to churn phones now as they all moved to interest-free loans especially Koodo who has closed their loophole
- Amazon may have some BF sale, but I doubt it will be for a phone you want which is the P3

To offer a comparison:
- a P3a on my current corporate contract of $48 per month will still cost me $100 upfront. The difference (12 X 24) = 288. So overtime, the 3a will cost me $388 and more if I include the tax
- a P3 XL flagship will cost me $630 for 2 yrs and more if you add tax

LOL, I almost convinced myself to buy a phone outright and move to a lower contract. But alas, I cannot really afford paying so much upfront (as I am eyeing the P4 XL). I have a P2XL, so the P3 XL is not really an option for me personally.