Expired Hot Deals

Zoomer Wireless

Zoomer Wireless - $10/month 3GB + ZTE Grand X View 4 Tablet (Existing Customers Only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2021 11:42 pm
[OP]
May 10, 2006
296 posts
45 upvotes
Gloucester

Zoomer Wireless - $10/month 3GB + ZTE Grand X View 4 Tablet (Existing Customers Only)

Price:
$10/month
Expiry:
May 12, 2021
Retailer:
Zoomer Wireless
This email just came in today. I'm a Zoomer wireless customer on the 6gb/month plan, and could use a bit more data. This plan, $10/month for 3gb, includes a tablet on 24 month term. That sounds like a great deal to me, as I often need a bit more data to wrap up the month. I've signed up, and will look at reselling the tablet for a few bucks as we already have a plethora of devices.

Note the advert says existing customers only, but I'd be interested to hear if any non-Zoomer customers have luck. If you sign up don't forget the $50 referral bonus offered as well.
Capture.JPG
41 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7381 posts
8083 upvotes
Toronto
renns wrote: This email just came in today. I'm a Zoomer wireless customer on the 6gb/month plan, and could use a bit more data. This plan, $10/month for 3gb, includes a tablet on 24 month term. That sounds like a great deal to me, as I often need a bit more data to wrap up the month. I've signed up, and will look at reselling the tablet for a few bucks as we already have a plethora of devices.

Note the advert says existing customers only, but I'd be interested to hear if any non-Zoomer customers have luck. If you sign up don't forget the $50 referral bonus offered as well.
"The credit is not applicable with Bring Your Own Phone, Wireless Home Phone and Tablet plans."
from https://www.zoomerwireless.ca/referral
Penalty Box
Nov 15, 2020
1249 posts
2415 upvotes
If only they had better tablets, the ZTE tablet specs are pretty garbage and it's not even a 1080p display
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Dec 12, 2010
160 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
May as well get the the fido 4GB/$10 deal where they pay you to take a tablet, no?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23384 posts
18848 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
aomous wrote: If only they had better tablets, the ZTE tablet specs are pretty garbage and it's not even a 1080p display
The ZTE is quite decent for the price. It's fine for media consumption like reading ePubs or watching videos even with only a 1280x800 screen. It even comes with Android 10.

If you want a better screen there's the Samsung Tab A 8.4. It's another $5/month at Fido for a CPO (refurb.)

But if you expect the latest iPad for $10/month then yes, you'll be disappointed.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10906 posts
1566 upvotes
Guelph
Better tablet options out there.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23384 posts
18848 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
squall458 wrote: Better tablet options out there.
Such as...?

Remember this is $10/month for both the tablet and 3GB data.
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
May 10, 2006
296 posts
45 upvotes
Gloucester
Wow, not much love for my post! Oh well, given I'm already a Zoomer customer, I don't want to deal with some new outfit just for extra data. Plus I could peddle that tablet for a few bucks as well if desired.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4932 posts
2516 upvotes
Toronto
renns wrote: Wow, not much love for my post! Oh well, given I'm already a Zoomer customer, I don't want to deal with some new outfit just for extra data. Plus I could peddle that tablet for a few bucks as well if desired.
Zoomer is known for providing loyalty bonuses after 6 months of being on a plan. It will be interesting to learn what people are getting on this plan in November.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15895 posts
7470 upvotes
Ottawa
renns wrote: Wow, not much love for my post! Oh well, given I'm already a Zoomer customer, I don't want to deal with some new outfit just for extra data. Plus I could peddle that tablet for a few bucks as well if desired.
don't worry about it....fickle bunch of people here. You get an upvote from me lol
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10906 posts
1566 upvotes
Guelph
ROYinTO wrote: Zoomer is known for providing loyalty bonuses after 6 months of being on a plan. It will be interesting to learn what people are getting on this plan in November.
They no longer do loyalty plans. This stopped this awhile ago.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15895 posts
7470 upvotes
Ottawa
squall458 wrote: They no longer do loyalty plans. This stopped this awhile ago.
question:,. I haven't been paying attention to zoomer, so when your contract expires now...you just stay on the exact same plan? It used to be that you got unlimited minutes on the loyalty plan. So now that's defunct?
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10906 posts
1566 upvotes
Guelph
bylo wrote: Such as...?

Remember this is $10/month for both the tablet and 3GB data.
I have VM with 3GB of data for $5 a month, free tablet. And I got credits making it less than $2 per month. VM also has freebies as being a member so this deal is not good at all. Go with Fido or the other big players. Im a loyal zoomer customer but there are way better options out there.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10906 posts
1566 upvotes
Guelph
warpdrive wrote: question:,. I haven't been paying attention to zoomer, so when your contract expires now...you just stay on the exact same plan? It used to be that you got unlimited minutes on the loyalty plan. So now that's defunct?
Its all gone. After two years it just stays the same so your best action to sign up right away to get more credits/free phone or port out to a better offer from another carrier.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7381 posts
8083 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: question:,. I haven't been paying attention to zoomer, so when your contract expires now...you just stay on the exact same plan? It used to be that you got unlimited minutes on the loyalty plan. So now that's defunct?
Answer in the Service Agreement Terms and Conditions

TERM
Your Term starts on the Start Date of Agreement specified in the Materials. At the end of your Term (i.e., the Term End Date), your plan will automatically default to a month‐to-month term on these same Terms until the Services are terminated by you or by Cityfone, subject to the provisions contained herein. If you upgrade your device, you may be required to renew your Term and/or enter into a new Service Agreement with us for a new Term.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
4932 posts
2516 upvotes
Toronto
squall458 wrote: Its all gone. After two years it just stays the same so your best action to sign up right away to get more credits/free phone or port out to a better offer from another carrier.
So if I take them up on an offer of a new phone, I lose my current loyalty bonuses?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23384 posts
18848 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
squall458 wrote: I have VM with 3GB of data for $5 a month, free tablet. And I got credits making it less than $2 per month. VM also has freebies as being a member so this deal is not good at all. Go with Fido or the other big players. Im a loyal zoomer customer but there are way better options out there.
You said, "Better tablet options out there." Such as what model of tablet?

If VM is Virgin Mobile then you should know that your SIM is locked to your tablet. So if you sell the tablet, your SIM becomes a useless chip of plastic.

OTOH Fido's SIM (and I assume Zoomer's) aren't. You can use them in any device, including a phone, notebook PC, in your car, etc. Sell the tablet, keep the SIM. Keep the tablet, use the SIM in another device. It's your choice.

As for $5/month, that's what I'm paying Fido for 4GB data and the same ZTE GXV4 in the OP.

So tell us again about the "way better options out there."
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23384 posts
18848 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
FWIW I didn't downvote this thread.

If you're already a Zoomer customer then I fully agree it makes more sense to continue with them rather than switch to Fido, especially if there's no burning need for the extra 1GB data. My original post was to mention that other carriers like Fido offer essentially the same deal.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2006
1128 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
Rogers gave me that tablet for free as well by adding a $10/month tablet plan to my existing plan.

The tablet is probably comparable to our Fire 8 tablet, perhaps a bit faster, but it seems to have a cleaner version of Android, which is nice.