Expired Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer Wireless - $36/mth for 4gb, $100 activation credit plus $50 referral credit

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 9:02 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2002
1043 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Just setup a second account. The easiest way to register was to order online and then call in with the reference code and the phone number the web site gives you. Only waited for 1 minute on the phone despite Saturday and the setup was done very quickly. $100+$50+$50 (on the first account) + selling Key2 LE will pretty much make the first year of service free.
May 10, 2009
27 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
amd2500+ wrote: That's excellent that you've made the switch over!

I've been saying this for a long time, Zoomer's customer service is top notch, specially in the cell phone / internet industry where it's common to have to wait for hours and hours before being able to connect with a live person.

Don't forget to mark the calendar to call in / chat in 6 months to switch over to the loyalty plan for unlimited minutes!

Indeed I have :)

The CS representative even told me to call in 6 months to get my loyalty rewards :)

Thanks
Jun 14, 2011
360 posts
147 upvotes
Ottawa
amd2500+ wrote: This is really a fantastic deal, specially with the $36 plan with the Blackberry phone.

Once you factor in the sales proceeds from the phone ($300), activation credit ($100) and referral credit ($50), your monthly bill will be about $18 per month, or alternatively first 12 months of services paid for!

And this doesn't involve any haggling or trying to game the system unlike any other carrier, this is a deal available for everyone!
Free icing on the cake, If it's comes with "UNLIMITED Canada-wide Calling Minutes" for new customer.
I am a Koodo, Public Mobile and Zoomer customer and an avid Linux user
May 10, 2009
27 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
karnige wrote: pretty pathetic on Telus part. the good news with zoomer. no bullshit price increases, no haggling, no retention department. how it should be.
Yep, I even contemplated porting over to Freedom, but after hearing the horror stories in terms of network reception and such I passed :)

At least with Zoomer I know I will have just as reliable a signal, if not better perhaps, then Telus.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1739 posts
431 upvotes
Toronto
Do they have any larger data options?
I don't think I'd ever need 20gb, but 8-10 gb would be a more comfortable amount.
May 10, 2009
27 posts
4 upvotes
Hamilton
JRGUINNESS wrote: Is 4 gigs really enough tho?
For me it is. I guess it just depends on your usage.

Its pretty close to what I had before with Telus, but now I just pay 20$ less a month :) For me, its just about savings.
Dec 26, 2006
187 posts
279 upvotes
Burnaby
I think Zoomer is the sweet spot for light to medium users.

For the heavy users, unless you're willing to put in some efforts to tweak your usage (ie. use more wi-fi, stream with lower resolutions) there are more suitable plans out there.

Suits my needs perfectly!
Feb 7, 2017
115 posts
60 upvotes
I
was cursed with bell prepaid, $30/m and a paltry 250mb data. This plan is the upgrade I always wanted, and all the free credits and cash are like 10 pounds of icing on the cake.
amd2500+ wrote: I think Zoomer is the sweet spot for light to medium users.
Exactly!
Last edited by Guest8282949 on Dec 29th, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sep 26, 2006
50 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
I barely get to 2-3 GB a month. Wifi at the office, home and shaw open every where.

Zoomer is great for me, saving $100 month between my line and the wife's. Plus all the credits, sale of 2 devices and referrals = win win
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2007
1896 posts
100 upvotes
Hamilton
Or.... 7 GB on the $54 plan. And the option of the A 7 or Pixel 3A as your free phone. You could also get the Pixel 3 for an extra $100! Details available