Expired Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] Zoomer Wireless - $36/mth for 4gb, $100 activation credit plus $50 referral credit

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2020 9:02 pm
Jan 16, 2011
685 posts
151 upvotes
Out There!!!!
TDIWingnut wrote: To get the A50 for free, the next higher plan is $50/month ($45 after 10% discount). That's $9/month more for 24 months = $216 over 2 years. So paying $150 up front saves you $66.
I believe you also get 6GB of data with that plan as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1382 posts
739 upvotes
Earth
matrixfwd wrote: I was not allowed to choose Phone number. Was told it's automatically assigned by computer....
If your other line is still active, you can port it in now. When signing up/activating a new line with Zoomer Wireless (or any carrier), it's not a requirement to port in your number from another carrier at the time of activation - you can, but it is not required. You can port in a number, from a different carrier, a few days later or 7 months later. I usually recommend porting in later (not during activation), since Zoomer Wireless has a 30 day guarantee. Gives you a chance to test out the service in the areas you frequent (work, home, etc.).

Zoomer Wireless $50 referral (for both referrer and referee) extended to Jan. 31, 2020: "Referral credits shown are for existing wireless customers only and expire Jan 31, 2020 or while quantities last, and are subject to change without notice."
Zoomer Wireless: $45 6GB 4G LTE
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1382 posts
739 upvotes
Earth
derass wrote: Just got my Key2 LE and SIM card today. Ordered Dec 30, received Jan 2.

Popped the SIM card into my Pixel 2XL, and thought I noticed less signal strength. So I did a speed test, and then compared to my Koodo pre-paid SIM. Seems like Zoomer is about half the speed of Koodo.

I don't know if it's a Rogers vs Telus thing, or Zoomer vs Rogers, but the numbers don't lie.

I really only use mobile data for browsing and Google maps, so I'll see if the speed is actually a problem. I'll be trying it out for a while before committing my phone number with a port-out.
+1 testing it out for few days/week or two before porting in your main number is the way to go. Rogers network might be weaker in your area versus Telus network.
Zoomer Wireless: $45 6GB 4G LTE
Public Mobile
Sep 24, 2008
556 posts
173 upvotes
Oakville
derass wrote: Just got my Key2 LE and SIM card today. Ordered Dec 30, received Jan 2.

Popped the SIM card into my Pixel 2XL, and thought I noticed less signal strength. So I did a speed test, and then compared to my Koodo pre-paid SIM. Seems like Zoomer is about half the speed of Koodo.

I don't know if it's a Rogers vs Telus thing, or Zoomer vs Rogers, but the numbers don't lie.

I really only use mobile data for browsing and Google maps, so I'll see if the speed is actually a problem. I'll be trying it out for a while before committing my phone number with a port-out.
Hmmm...are you in BC? I ordered on Dec 26 and I’m still waiting for the BlackBerry and SIM to be delivered. Hopefully tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
2894 posts
2942 upvotes
GTA
rfdnutz wrote: Hmmm...are you in BC? I ordered on Dec 26 and I’m still waiting for the BlackBerry and SIM to be delivered. Hopefully tomorrow.
I'm actually back in the GTA. I'll update my profile. Looking at the shipping label, the parcel came from Mississauga.
Dec 4, 2017
67 posts
51 upvotes
Called in yesterday to confirm billing details. BlackBerry Key2 LE was shipped from Mississauga yesterday and arrived in Markham this morning. They use 3rd party logistics company to manage their shipping.
Feb 21, 2010
8 posts
2 upvotes
Ordered on 27th, recv'd Jan2. Phone was shipped from BC to Gatineau, QC. But they managed to send the wrong phone so still waiting for the correct one.

One thing Zoomer does I did not like was they had opened the box for the phone and stuck the sim card in it, so now you can't sell an "unopened box phone".
Nov 3, 2018
135 posts
380 upvotes
been with zoomer for a month now and honestly, i can't believe I did not make the jump to it much sooner. im saving over 30$ from my previous Bell plan and I have more data now.

crazy how we have been gouged so long by the big 3 (even though zoomer is owned by Rogers).

let me know if anyone has any questions.
Jan 6, 2017
133 posts
114 upvotes
Zoomer is amazing! If you have any questions you can PM me.
- Public Mobile $120 for 3 months with 12 gigs LTE
- Zoomerwireless $36 per month for 4 gigs
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1696 posts
500 upvotes
GTA
so it looks like the $40.50 plan with unlimited calling is a Promo plan the rep can add. Wife didn't ask but he offered it when she was talking to him. He just said unlimited calling (yeah).

Buddy signed up but only got the 250+250 daytime minutes for the $40.50 plan. He's going to ask for the unlimited promo plan when he calls to port his number tonight.
Sep 15, 2007
16 posts
2 upvotes
I got this plan.
Im wondering how do i set up the voice mail. I had virgin before and i just had to phone the same number.
Nov 30, 2019
29 posts
21 upvotes
jinx5 wrote: I got this plan.
Im wondering how do i set up the voice mail. I had virgin before and i just had to phone the same number.
Go to the dial screen and hold down 1.
Aug 23, 2018
22 posts
7 upvotes
the capital
I placed my first order with zoomer 2 days ago.
Do they send a tracking notification when they ship the phone ?
Oct 27, 2009
27 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I called Zoomer wiresless, somethings i discovered when trying to get the $36 plan:

1) I cannot get the BB Key 2 LE, I can only get the BB Key 2 (no LE)
2) I can only get the $50 referral bonus, however I don't know anyone to give me a phone number or name to get it
3) I asked if they sent the phone can i request to not open it, they said they would grant that request to keep it all BNIB for resale.

Can anyone help me out on why they wont give the LE for the $36 plan and PM me a referral code?

Thanks!
Sep 24, 2008
556 posts
173 upvotes
Oakville
crak wrote: I called Zoomer wiresless, somethings i discovered when trying to get the $36 plan:

1) I cannot get the BB Key 2 LE, I can only get the BB Key 2 (no LE)
2) I can only get the $50 referral bonus, however I don't know anyone to give me a phone number or name to get it
3) I asked if they sent the phone can i request to not open it, they said they would grant that request to keep it all BNIB for resale.

Can anyone help me out on why they wont give the LE for the $36 plan and PM me a referral code?

Thanks!
The Key2 resale is higher than the Key2 LE...so if you can get the Key2 for free - then I would take it.
I also asked them to NOT open the phone - but they said they come "opened" when they receive them. So the seal on my BB Key2 LE was broken. In reality, when selling on Kijiji, I suspect most buyers would want to see the phone anyway before handing over the cash. They guy I sold mine to was reselling it overseas. He looked at the phone to confirm all the protective wrapping was still on - and looked to confirm the accessories were unused.