Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Zoomer Wireless

ZOOMER Wireless deal $36 2GB

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 1:22 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
not sure if this is the right thread ...

does anyone know how to verify the data usage as appear on the zoomer statement vs the actual data usage by the cell phone?

i have not actually "set out" to use the wireless data on my huawei gr5 ... but there are consistent usages on a daily basis at around 1000 kb (i supposed that 1000,000 bytes of data) according to zoomer statement ...
however ... sometime i got hit with this huge usage which put me over the 2GB limit very quickly ... is there a way to find out which app actually consumed that bandwidth?

so far i only use whatsapp on my phone plus a few bank apps ... (i assume there are some apps which i am not aware of that are also installed by default ...?)
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote: not sure if this is the right thread ...

does anyone know how to verify the data usage as appear on the zoomer statement vs the actual data usage by the cell phone?

i have not actually "set out" to use the wireless data on my huawei gr5 ... but there are consistent usages on a daily basis at around 1000 kb (i supposed that 1000,000 bytes of data) according to zoomer statement ...
however ... sometime i got hit with this huge usage which put me over the 2GB limit very quickly ... is there a way to find out which app actually consumed that bandwidth?

so far i only use whatsapp on my phone plus a few bank apps ... (i assume there are some apps which i am not aware of that are also installed by default ...?)
To view the daily, weekly and monthly app usage:
setting -> Data Traffic Management -> Traffic Use Ranking

To control which app can use cellular data, WiFi or both:
setting -> Data Traffic Management -> Network App Management
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2012
10045 posts
3759 upvotes
multi city dweller
embguy wrote: To view the daily, weekly and monthly app usage:
setting -> Data Traffic Management -> Traffic Use Ranking

To control which app can use cellular data, WiFi or both:
setting -> Data Traffic Management -> Network App Management
i am trying to find out which app or website that consumed over 1G in 1 go ... which is very unusual ... is there a way to do that?

the data traffic management function doesn't seem to show the bandwidth usage on a particular day ... does it?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
ValueHunter999 wrote: i am trying to find out which app or website that consumed over 1G in 1 go ... which is very unusual ... is there a way to do that?

the data traffic management function doesn't seem to show the bandwidth usage on a particular day ... does it?
The data traffic management function shows you the average daily usage for an app. Then, use the graph at the top to find out which day with the high data usage. Unless you find an app which does what you want, this is the next best solution for what you want to do.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
embguy wrote: The data traffic management function shows you the average daily usage for an app. Then, use the graph at the top to find out which day with the high data usage. Unless you find an app which does what you want, this is the next best solution for what you want to do.
I use an app called My Data Manager on my iPhone as iPhones do not come with a native data usage tracker. This program will track and show which app is using data but it doesn't recognize all the apps and can't be loaded on afterwards to find what consumed all your data prior to loading it on your phone though.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2007
1934 posts
109 upvotes
Hamilton
Zoomer now has some new phones. The LG G5 for $ 0 and the Samsung S7 for $ 300 on the $ 60 ( 54 with 10% discount ) plan. Just in time for my renewal !
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1321 posts
731 upvotes
Edmonton
petrpuck wrote: Zoomer now has some new phones. The LG G5 for $ 0 and the Samsung S7 for $ 300 on the $ 60 ( 54 with 10% discount ) plan. Just in time for my renewal !
Cant wait for black friday to see which of these phones can be had on the $36 2GB plan.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
escalade wrote: Cant wait for black friday to see which of these phones can be had on the $36 2GB plan.
Zoomer may offer $36 2GB during BF. It will not be $0 for G5 or S7. It may be easier to get a cheap Koodo G5 at WOW or TMS after jumping through hoop.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1321 posts
731 upvotes
Edmonton
embguy wrote: Zoomer may offer $36 2GB during BF. It will not be $0 for G5 or S7. It may be easier to get a cheap Koodo G5 at WOW or TMS after jumping through hoop.
You're right. The A5 may be $0. Maybe the S7 can be had for $100 or $150
Sep 3, 2017
236 posts
111 upvotes
escalade wrote: Cant wait for black friday to see which of these phones can be had on the $36 2GB plan.
Waiting for Black Friday deal too. Fingers crossed!!!
Aug 29, 2017
71 posts
16 upvotes
I'm with Fido for $36 1gb. Does anybody know if fido will match zoomer.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2012
1073 posts
229 upvotes
Jarnail wrote: I would not worry. This is a very reputable company.
Do you know how long is this company be here? Never heard of this company
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: Do you know how long is this company be here? Never heard of this company
Zoomer wireless is just a partner of Cityfone. You may heard of Primus which is another partner of Cityfone. Cityfone is the company who provides the wireless service and day to day customer service. Cityfone is owned by Rogers and is a reseller on Rogers network.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)