[Zoomer Wireless] ZOOMER Wireless deal $36 2GB

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 1:22 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
3986 posts
1733 upvotes
Toronto
coolwasabi wrote: FYI, this $36 offer (2GB, 400 mins, etc.) seems to come back every couple months. That's been the trend in 2017 at least. So if you missed it this time around, you might not have to wait too long for it to come back...
Maybe they are expecting to be short staffed for the long weekend. ;-)
Lets hope they let me know early in the deal so I can post for others that missed it as well.
Social Distancing means staying apart 2 meters or 6 feet, the depth of a grave.
Get closer and you might have one foot in the grave. (Pass it on)
Sep 10, 2012
591 posts
359 upvotes
Saskatoon
Etabol wrote: This line is false. 4GB plans on big3 (assuming Ontario), Bell would be around $120+/mth. $75+tx difference x 24 = $1800 ($2034). This is the price for Bell with 4Gb and unlimited Canada calling so the same as what the kids are using.

People have got to understand that at $0.00 upfront is still higher than buying outright. Price above only gets you an iPhone 7 32GB at a cost of $2034 to you. (+ Possible unlock fee). The big3 makes money off the phone and plans. Koodo Tab is the most fair which is just free financing (not subsidy)

Buy outright direct from Apple equal fully unlocked at $899+tx. What part of paying $1018 more over 2 year span is cheaper?!
I'm in Sask so for $75 a month, id get the iphone 7 for free, 5gb data and unlimted canada wide calling so id actually be slightly further ahead if the iphone 7 is still valued at more than $720 plus shed get the extra gb of data too. Im going to mull this over and also maybe wait until 7s is sreleased at the end of Sept if rumorscare true.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1762 posts
897 upvotes
squint72 wrote: I'm in Sask so for $75 a month, id get the iphone 7 for free, 5gb data and unlimted canada wide calling so id actually be slightly further ahead if the iphone 7 is still valued at more than $720 plus shed get the extra gb of data too. Im going to mull this over and also maybe wait until 7s is sreleased at the end of Sept if rumorscare true.
That's $30 a month difference from the $45 4GB and a $21 a month difference from the $54 5GB plan. That's $720 and $504 in 2 years respectively. Both of these prices, you can buy an iPhone 7 using the Koodo method plus have an extra LG G4 or Samsung A5 to resell to make some of your money back.

Also, after 2 years with Bell, you'll still be paying $75/month out of contract. Money down the drain unless you get another device.

Edit: the most recent promo for the iPhone 7 for $504 seems to now be over. But keep your eyes peeled as specials pop up every now and again. You can currently get the iPhone 7 from Koodo for $704, the iPhone 6s for $504, and the iPhone 6 for $360 plus provincial taxes.
Last edited by rolomonster on Sep 1st, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
3986 posts
1733 upvotes
Toronto
ROYinTO wrote: For those that just got their G4, can you post the LG model number?
I'm hoping for the model number to see what LG supports says about updates.
http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/software-firmware
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2448 posts
1031 upvotes
GTA
rolomonster wrote: That's $30 a month difference from the $45 4GB and a $21 a month difference from the $54 5GB plan. That's $720 and $504 in 2 years respectively. Both of these prices, you can buy an iPhone 7 using the Koodo method plus have an extra LG G4 or Samsung A5 to resell to make some of your money back.

Also, after 2 years with Bell, you'll still be paying $75/month out of contract. Money down the drain unless you get another device.
Great analysis. $0 phones are never really "free". One way or another you end up paying for the phone. IMHO going with a good promotion from Zoomer and picking up an unlocked phone or going with one of the WOW Mobile / Koodo deals is a great way to go and end up getting me the most bang for my buck at the end of the day.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2009
3986 posts
1733 upvotes
Toronto
djuroganovic wrote: Model is LGH812
Thank you,

Here is the support page for anybody wanting to read the manual while waiting for their phone.
http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/support ... /lg-LGH812

It looks like the G4 will update to Nougat (Android 7.0) whether the Robbers version does or not is another question.
Feb 19, 2017
103 posts
27 upvotes
Whats a good memory card that works with the LG G4.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2453 posts
2094 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Finally got my Rogers number port over, took total of 26hours.

Hold up is on Rogers side.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1818 posts
561 upvotes
coolwasabi wrote: Thanks for the update. Seems like this thread should be moved to Expired Deals.
FYI, this $36 offer (2GB, 400 mins, etc.) seems to come back every couple months. That's been the trend in 2017 at least. So if you missed it this time around, you might not have to wait too long for it to come back...
I think it'll be back around Black Friday and the Xmas season
[OP]
Sep 22, 2008
71 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
This is funny. Guys zoomer is not a fraud. It's a great deal. That's why I started this post
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2453 posts
2094 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Now it would be great if Zoomer have good international roaming option
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
So, I've seen a few posts from people saying they often don't get LTE on unlocked iPhones using Zoomer when normally they would with Rogers. Is this a "thing" or are those anomalies?
Jan 29, 2017
26 posts
11 upvotes
joolsca wrote: So, I've seen a few posts from people saying they often don't get LTE on unlocked iPhones using Zoomer when normally they would with Rogers. Is this a "thing" or are those anomalies?
I have unlocked iPhone 6s and LTE works fine. Get about 80 mb/s according to google speed test although I stopped it after 2 seconds because it uses so much data...
Jul 22, 2011
661 posts
136 upvotes
Burlington
I talked to Zoomer yesterday and the $36 plan is now 1gb. If I sign up now and a better promotion comes along can I change.