Expired Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] ZOOMER Wireless deal $36 2GB

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 1:22 pm
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
Lugia77 wrote: I have unlocked iPhone 6s and LTE works fine. Get about 80 mb/s according to google speed test although I stopped it after 2 seconds because it uses so much data...
Thanks. So, no problems with connecting to the network for data in general?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1762 posts
897 upvotes
Kimberlee1 wrote: I talked to Zoomer yesterday and the $36 plan is now 1gb. If I sign up now and a better promotion comes along can I change.
I think you can only change within the first 30 days and then again at 6 months to Loyalty Plans. But if they did say this, make sure they note it in your file.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1663 posts
1029 upvotes
bvit6667 wrote: Great analysis. $0 phones are never really "free". One way or another you end up paying for the phone. IMHO going with a good promotion from Zoomer and picking up an unlocked phone or going with one of the WOW Mobile / Koodo deals is a great way to go and end up getting me the most bang for my buck at the end of the day.
1. iPhones are not cheap or easy to unlock so the Koodo deals with the Galaxy S8 phones is great. With the iPhone unless you're going to Telus or Public Mobile, or going to do the Koodo QC plan deal, it ain't a great option for Zoomer.
2. SK plans do not compare to ON plans. Getting a free iPhone 7 in Ontario, you'd be pay at least $100 per month. So Zoomer is an amazing deal then. For the example, Bell SK plans with a free phone or heavily subsidized are great.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2448 posts
1031 upvotes
GTA
shayne85 wrote: 1. iPhones are not cheap or easy to unlock so the Koodo deals with the Galaxy S8 phones is great. With the iPhone unless you're going to Telus or Public Mobile, or going to do the Koodo QC plan deal, it ain't a great option for Zoomer.
2. SK plans do not compare to ON plans. Getting a free iPhone 7 in Ontario, you'd be pay at least $100 per month. So Zoomer is an amazing deal then. For the example, Bell SK plans with a free phone or heavily subsidized are great.
Some of the issues regarding unlocking phones should be resolved in December when all Canadian carriers will be forced to sell only unlocked phones and provide free unlocking. Of course, I'm sure these same carriers are working overtime to figure out how to make back the money they will lose (and probably more) through higher costs / fees somewhere else.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
shayne85 wrote: 1. iPhones are not cheap or easy to unlock so the Koodo deals with the Galaxy S8 phones is great. With the iPhone unless you're going to Telus or Public Mobile, or going to do the Koodo QC plan deal, it ain't a great option for Zoomer.
A lot of us have unlocked iPhones from Apple and this Zoomer plan has exactly the no-whistles, perfect-specs-at-a-great-price that other carriers don't quite have.
Oct 27, 2014
25 posts
16 upvotes
Help! I got the deal, got the SIM, and inserted it to my unlocked iPhone 6. It seemed to work fine, and I see CITIFONE LTE displayed, but cellular data is NOT working. Calling works fine. I tried to change the APN setting, but it didn't give me the option to do so. Any idea? Thanks in advance.
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
jazzcafe wrote: Help! I got the deal, got the SIM, and inserted it to my unlocked iPhone 6. It seemed to work fine, and I see CITIFONE LTE displayed, but cellular data is NOT working. Calling works fine. I tried to change the APN setting, but it didn't give me the option to do so. Any idea? Thanks in advance.
Did you reset your network settings and reboot?
Oct 27, 2014
25 posts
16 upvotes
It was from the Apple Store. Never locked to a carrier.
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
I'm just spit-balling here because my SIM hasn't arrived yet but...

Maybe try this site:
http://www.unlockit.co.nz/unlockit/

the Zoomer settings are:

Name: Zoomer LTE
APN: ltemobile.apn
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication Type: None
APN Type: Not set
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: APv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Mobile virtual network operator type: GID
Mobile virtual network operator value: CC
Oct 27, 2014
25 posts
16 upvotes
The thing is, it doesn't give me the option to change the APN settings. Under Settings-Cellular Data Options menu, the option to change APN simply does not exist.
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
jazzcafe wrote: The thing is, it doesn't give me the option to change the APN settings. Under Settings-Cellular Data Options menu, the option to change APN simply does not exist.
Did you go to that site? It gives you a utility to do that, I think.
Oct 27, 2014
25 posts
16 upvotes
joolsca wrote: Did you go to that site? It gives you a utility to do that, I think.
I did, but Zoomer is not listed as one of the carrier options, and I don't see any way to set it up manually. I tried installing couple of different Rogers settings, but no luck. I called Zoomer about the problem, and the rep told me to take it to the Apple Store, as there's nothing they could do. So frustrating.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2448 posts
1031 upvotes
GTA
jazzcafe wrote: I did, but Zoomer is not listed as one of the carrier options, and I don't see any way to set it up manually. I tried installing couple of different Rogers settings, but no luck. I called Zoomer about the problem, and the rep told me to take it to the Apple Store, as there's nothing they could do. So frustrating.
If there is no option for Zoomer as the provider is Cityfone an option?
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.