• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 1:22 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1647 posts
818 upvotes
jazzcafe wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 5:18 pm
I did, but Zoomer is not listed as one of the carrier options, and I don't see any way to set it up manually. I tried installing couple of different Rogers settings, but no luck. I called Zoomer about the problem, and the rep told me to take it to the Apple Store, as there's nothing they could do. So frustrating.
Check the original thread as it has 300 pages of posts. I vaguely remember somone having the same issue. It may be an issue with your SIM card.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/zoomer- ... t-2074500/
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Oct 27, 2014
17 posts
9 upvotes
bvit6667 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 5:48 pm
If there is no option for Zoomer as the provider is Cityfone an option?
Nope. There are 3 different options for Rogers, but no Citifone or its affiliates.
Oct 6, 2004
271 posts
66 upvotes
At that unlock site it says if there is a problem with settings you can email him with the correct settings and he might be able to make a new one (it's in the help section) ...maybe he could do it with those Zoomer settings?

edit: I just sent him an email with those settings...have no idea if he can/will do it, but we'll see....
Oct 27, 2014
17 posts
9 upvotes
Problem solved.. It turned out that the SIM card was the culprit. I tried inserting my husband's Zoomer SIM card into the iPhone when I got home, and guess what, all of a sudden cellular data started working!! Luckily, he had an extra Zoomer SIM from the time he renewed, so called Zoomer again and had the SIM switched over to the new one, and voila. Much ado about nothing... for almost a full day with frustrating attempts. Thanks so much joolsca, rolomonster, and bvit6667 for all your help! And next time something similar happens to anyone out there, suspect the SIM card. It was deceiving as the calling side was working fine.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2409 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
jazzcafe wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 7:54 pm
Problem solved.. It turned out that the SIM card was the culprit. I tried inserting my husband's Zoomer SIM card into the iPhone when I got home, and guess what, all of a sudden cellular data started working!! Luckily, he had an extra Zoomer SIM from the time he renewed, so called Zoomer again and had the SIM switched over to the new one, and voila. Much ado about nothing... for almost a full day with frustrating attempts. Thanks so much joolsca, rolomonster, and bvit6667 for all your help! And next time something similar happens to anyone out there, suspect the SIM card. It was deceiving as the calling side was working fine.
Very interesting...glad you shared your story - wouldn't have guessed it was the SIM card.
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1647 posts
818 upvotes
jazzcafe wrote:
Thought that was it! Glad I could help :)
Oct 6, 2004
271 posts
66 upvotes
jazzcafe wrote:
Phew! Glad it's working :-)
Feb 19, 2017
81 posts
19 upvotes
I was thinking to get a tempered glass screen protector. When I looked at my G4 and there seems to a screen protector on it already. I guess you remove this screen protector before you install a tempered glass one.
Sep 18, 2009
99 posts
25 upvotes
Is the 2gb promo still on, got a call from my folks who signed up based on my recommendation but the rep did not give them the 2gb promo and that there was only the 1 gb.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10416 posts
9585 upvotes
The $36 2GB plan expired Aug 31.
Watch RFD and jump on it if it comes back later.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $37 5GB plan, PM $7 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $115/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Oct 6, 2004
271 posts
66 upvotes
I just got my package and about to call in to port over my Fido number but I just want to make sure, because the extra 1GB & 500GB (=2GB) of data and extra 200 mins (=400 mins) of talk time are listed as promo bonuses on this contract, that they are not going to be taken away, like Fido does at the end of 2 yrs. If that were the case I could stick with Fido as the only reason I'm switching is because my bonus 1gb of data is going to go away in 2018 after 2 yrs....
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1647 posts
818 upvotes
Those extras are yours to keep and do not expire as long as you keep your service. However in 6 months time, you can switch to the $36 2gb Loyalty Plan which is 2gb flat and unlimited minutes Canada wide.
Oct 9, 2011
804 posts
325 upvotes
GTA
joolsca wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 2:45 pm
I just got my package and about to call in to port over my Fido number but I just want to make sure, because the extra 1GB & 500GB (=2GB) of data and extra 200 mins (=400 mins) of talk time are listed as promo bonuses on this contract, that they are not going to be taken away, like Fido does at the end of 2 yrs. If that were the case I could stick with Fido as the only reason I'm switching is because my bonus 1gb of data is going to go away in 2018 after 2 yrs....
Never say never, but this is now my 8th month with Zoomer and at the end of my 6th month, I was able to switch over to the $36 loyalty plan which gave me unlimited talk Canada wide, upgraded voicemail and kept my 2Gb of data. My plan no longer shows as "bonus" data.

Rate Plan
Loyalty 2 GB $40.00
Zoomer 10 Percent Discount $-4.00
Usage Included
2 GB Data
Canada-Wide Long Distance Minutes
UNLIMITED Incoming Text Messages
UNLIMITED International Text Messages
UNLIMITED Local Anytime Minutes
UNLIMITED Outgoing Text Messages
Features Included
Call Display
Call Waiting
Conference Calling
Enhanced Voicemail
Name Display
1 x Zoomer Wireless $40.50 loyalty plan - 5 GB of data!
5 x Freedom Mobile plans
Ecobee 3 Lite courtesy of Green On (ie tax payers)
Oct 6, 2004
271 posts
66 upvotes
rolomonster wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 2:49 pm
Those extras are yours to keep and do not expire as long as you keep your service. However in 6 months time, you can switch to the $36 2gb Loyalty Plan which is 2gb flat and unlimited minutes Canada wide.
It's funny how hard it is to trust telecoms....I feel like an abused puppy who shies away from a pat on the head...I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust a telecom after 35 yrs of dealing with Rogers & Bell...lol...
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10416 posts
9585 upvotes
joolsca wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 3:04 pm
It's funny how hard it is to trust telecoms....I feel like an abused puppy who shies away from a pat on the head...I don't know if I'll ever be able to trust a telecom after 35 yrs of dealing with Rogers & Bell...lol...
People here went through what are going through now. Just let go and trust what people are saying about Zoomer. In another month, I will be with Zoomer for 3 years. I wish I did the switch from Rogers earlier.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, PM $37 5GB plan, PM $7 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $115/6GB, $0 FPL home phone