Expired Hot Deals

[Zoomer Wireless] ZOOMER Wireless deal $36 2GB

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 1:22 pm
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
ok....number ported over and everything seems fine....no LTE problem with my iPhone :-)

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've never changed carriers before...should I now call Fido or will they stop charging me as of today now that my number has been ported over?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8533 upvotes
GTHA
joolsca wrote: ok....number ported over and everything seems fine....no LTE problem with my iPhone :-)

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I've never changed carriers before...should I now call Fido or will they stop charging me as of today now that my number has been ported over?
You do not need to call Fido.

"Your new service provider will cancel your existing services and start your new services with them."
from http://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11194 posts
10220 upvotes
tk1000 wrote: You do not need to call Fido.

"Your new service provider will cancel your existing services and start your new services with them."
from http://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm
joolsca, When you receive your final statement, make sure that Fido does not charge you for any service since the port out date.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3112 posts
684 upvotes
Hi for those that's actually using the LG G4, what's the best way to unlock it ? Asking zoomer ? or some unlock site? Any recommendations?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11194 posts
10220 upvotes
coilz wrote: Hi for those that's actually using the LG G4, what's the best way to unlock it ? Asking zoomer ? or some unlock site? Any recommendations?
I paid less than $3 to unlock LG G4 using eBay one month ago. Search "Unlock code Koodo LG G4" on eBay.
Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, 2x $8 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan,
Dec 11, 2013
281 posts
158 upvotes
Victoria
Port from Koodo took 30 minutes. Received a cancellation email from Koodo 5 minutes after my Zoomer phone call. Thanks OP and everyone for the tips!

Hmm, now I need to wait patiently for 6 months!
Oct 9, 2011
908 posts
400 upvotes
GTA
bob5593 wrote: Hmm, now I need to wait patiently for 6 months!
Congrats! You'll be surprised at how quickly that time goes by.
Oct 6, 2004
273 posts
66 upvotes
bob5593 wrote: Port from Koodo took 30 minutes. Received a cancellation email from Koodo 5 minutes after my Zoomer phone call. Thanks OP and everyone for the tips!

I never got any acknowledgment of termination from Fido...is that normal?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11194 posts
10220 upvotes
bob5593 wrote: Port from Koodo took 30 minutes. Received a cancellation email from Koodo 5 minutes after my Zoomer phone call. Thanks OP and everyone for the tips!

Let me guess. Your Koodo email is telling you that your plan will be canceled at the end of your current billing period. If yes, I will called them "scumbag" and try to get people leaving for extra days of charge. It is against the CRTC rule.

You should call now to cancel your plan ASAP. If not, you will be billed to the end of your current billing cycle. They will reverse the charge if you call after receiving your final bill. Therefore, you need to call them at least once(now or later) unless you do not care about paying extra days of service.
Dec 11, 2013
281 posts
158 upvotes
Victoria
joolsca wrote: I never got any acknowledgment of termination from Fido...is that normal?
Yeah seems normal. I wasn't expecting an email. If your port in went ok, then just expect a final bill.
Dec 11, 2013
281 posts
158 upvotes
Victoria
embguy wrote: Let me guess. Your Koodo email is telling you that your plan will be canceled at the end of your current billing period. If yes, I will called them "scumbag" and try to get people leaving for extra days of charge. It is against the CRTC rule.

You should call now to cancel your plan ASAP. If not, you will be billed to the end of your current billing cycle. They will reverse the charge if you call after receiving your final bill. Therefore, you need to call them at least once(now or later) unless you do not care about paying extra days of service.
That's exactly what it says and I think you make a good point for everyone at the beginning of their billing cycle. I'm three days till the end so I won't bother for what will be less than $2.

Thanks for the reminder!
Dec 4, 2013
375 posts
140 upvotes
Mississauga

Is the 2GB deal still on?
Dec 11, 2013
281 posts
158 upvotes
Victoria
cricketfan wrote: Is the 2GB deal still on?
No, someone in this thread said it ended on Aug 31. It'll come back in a month or two.
Apr 15, 2003
358 posts
13 upvotes
Geoff2 wrote: Requested yesterday and received an email a few hours later saying there was an error. Petro account is in good standing and every bit of information has been checked multiple times. Might just bite the bullet and use the random phone number on my Zoomer SIM.
Geoff2, did the port from Petro Mobility work? I am going to be porting my sons number from petro over to zoomer soon. Any tips that you recommend?

thanks,
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
4124 posts
1765 upvotes
Vancouver
sandals99 wrote: Geoff2, did the port from Petro Mobility work? I am going to be porting my sons number from petro over to zoomer soon. Any tips that you recommend?

thanks,
I had ported my number from speakout 7-11 to zoomer with no issues.