Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[zoomerwireless.ca] Zoomer Black Friday Promotions

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2019 3:44 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2003
1006 posts
367 upvotes
Stagaz630 wrote: Same here, I called in about it but I don't see it on my account yet.
I don't see mine either. They didn't even want to give me the credit initially...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 12, 2004
10545 posts
1322 upvotes
Brampton
If you just signed up your line isnt active yet so wait for that.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2011
186 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
escalade wrote: I don't see mine either. They didn't even want to give me the credit initially...
Really? It was pretty easy for me. I just asked through live chat and they put it through.
Newbie
Apr 10, 2016
30 posts
10 upvotes
Can you port a number from one zoomer account to another? Since existing customers are not getting the $100 new activation credit, I was planning of referring my dad and porting my number to him + he'd get an extra $50 referral credit too. Does that make sense?
Member
Mar 19, 2007
255 posts
20 upvotes
Ottawa
anyone sign up and not hear back from zoomer? I filled out their order form and it's been crickets since then...Tried online chat (too busy), tried phone, too busy and finally emailed them but haven't heard anything yet :(
Jr. Member
Aug 17, 2011
162 posts
123 upvotes
TORONTO
ottawarc wrote: anyone sign up and not hear back from zoomer? I filled out their order form and it's been crickets since then...Tried online chat (too busy), tried phone, too busy and finally emailed them but haven't heard anything yet :(
I signed up online on Friday, after completing what I could online, the confirmation screen said to wait for zoomed to contact me or I could call them.

I opted to call them and went through the rest of the process (minus the credit card authorization, which didn’t seem to work). I actually got disconnected partway through the call, and the agent called me right back on the number I supplied on the online part.

For the credit card authorization, they said to log into my newly created online zoomed account and put it in there, which I did.

On the phone, I asked them to send me a nano sim, we’ll see what comes in the mail....

All in all a good experience.
Member
Apr 23, 2003
497 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chimpe wrote: Can you port a number from one zoomer account to another? Since existing customers are not getting the $100 new activation credit, I was planning of referring my dad and porting my number to him + he'd get an extra $50 referral credit too. Does that make sense?
Your intent would be considered an account transfer -- giving your account to someone. No soup for either of you.

Porting requires you to port from another carrier (non cityphone, non Zoomer). If your dad is not on Zoomer, he needs to create a new account (activation) before he is eligible for the activation and referral credit.
Newbie
Jan 24, 2011
28 posts
1 upvote
Somewhere
Having a hard time choosing between the Moto G7 play and Samsung A10e. I would be using the phone and not reselling.

-Samsung seems to be worth more
-The Moto has a better camera (13MP) on paper, but Samsung (8MP) makes better cameras in general. So I am thinking the Samsung 8MP might be similar to the Moto 13MP
-Other thought is battery life

Any thoughts guys? Thanks!
Member
Dec 26, 2006
230 posts
359 upvotes
Burnaby
dealsmeals wrote: Having a hard time choosing between the Moto G7 play and Samsung A10e. I would be using the phone and not reselling.

-Samsung seems to be worth more
-The Moto has a better camera (13MP) on paper, but Samsung (8MP) makes better cameras in general. So I am thinking the Samsung 8MP might be similar to the Moto 13MP
-Other thought is battery life

Any thoughts guys? Thanks!
If it were me I'd go with the Samsung A10e in case you change you mind later on and wants to get rid of it down the road.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1774 posts
915 upvotes
chimpe wrote: Can you port a number from one zoomer account to another? Since existing customers are not getting the $100 new activation credit, I was planning of referring my dad and porting my number to him + he'd get an extra $50 referral credit too. Does that make sense?
Existing customer does get the activation credit (or at least they did Friday) but no referral credit.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Sr. Member
Jan 7, 2005
703 posts
108 upvotes
Toronto
Confirmed that no bonus at all for cityfone to zoomer even if the account is currently on month to month. I get that they want to bring new customers from other carrier, but offering the bonus for 2 year contract to existing customer currently on month to.month is no different than getting a brand new business for another 2 years. In my situation, if there is a good boxing day deal from another carrier, I am gone.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 31, 2011
1428 posts
1882 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: Existing customer does get the activation credit (or at least they did Friday) but no referral credit.
How did you get the activation credit? (Live chat, call, email)
I tried live chat and they said it's for new customers only and wouldn't budge.
Newbie
Nov 19, 2016
18 posts
6 upvotes
Do you guys know if I can qualify for referral credit again now since I was already with zoomer about two years ago and got the referral credit at that time. Can I be referred again, currently with Koodo? Any input on this would be welcomed. Thx
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2005
11862 posts
10792 upvotes
1sv111 wrote: Do you guys know if I can qualify for referral credit again now since I was already with zoomer about two years ago and got the referral credit at that time. Can I be referred again, currently with Koodo? Any input on this would be welcomed. Thx
You only get referral credit once per lifetime.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1774 posts
915 upvotes
IWannaWin wrote: How did you get the activation credit? (Live chat, call, email)
I tried live chat and they said it's for new customers only and wouldn't budge.
By phone. Their website literally says:

Get up to $100 in activation credit when you sign up to Zoomer Wireless, or add a wireless line to your existing account, with a 2-year term.

Not sure why they would deny you if you're adding a line to your account.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo

Top