• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2016 2:23 pm
[OP]
Jul 14, 2009
442 posts
801 upvotes
GTA

[ZoomerWireless/Cityfone/Primus/RBC] free extra 1GB/month added to plan

I called in to Zoomer a month ago to ask about any promotions they may have when Public Mobile first introduced their highly competitive $40 for 4GB plan. Rep said unfortunately they cannot match it. Since I still have 6 months left on contact with Zoomer, I decided not to do anything.

Just now I received a text from a Vancouver number saying I have an extra 1GB data/month added to my "SimplyConnect" plan. I thought it was spam until I checked my Zoomer account and noticed the extra 1GB data added in my usage area. I am on the $40 ($36 after 10%) plan, signed up during the double data promo period (500mb + 500mb).

Screenshots attached. Anyone else get this text?? Wish you guys luck getting it.
text.png
account.PNG
Edit: Looks like Cityfone and RBC Talk also has this promo
cityfone-rbc-talk-save-exisiting-custom ... n-2056234/
Sorry braveblade I didn't see you post before I posted mine since I only searched for Zoomer.

Edit 2: Took out YMMV from title since everyone was able to get it added by calling or emailing in
Last edited by TimBitz on Nov 18th, 2016 12:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
What we know so far:
  • * It's a targeted promo, seems to be for people with high data usage
  • * You don't need a text to be eligible for the promo.
  • * If you didn't receive a text, try calling Zoomer (1-888-281-2107) and speak to customer care. Please remember to be courteous, it only helps your case.
  • * There are some success and fail stories for calling in, seems you might need a minimum monthly amount or plan type. So far the confirmed success is SmartPhone 200 plan.
  • * Your account may not necessarily reflect the additional 1GB right away. I'd suggest waiting for a few hours (or even a day) before contacting them again.
  • * No known expiry yet.
299 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
6429 posts
4416 upvotes
My wife is on the double data promo and contract ends June 2016. Will need to check if she got that SMS.
Dec 9, 2014
298 posts
172 upvotes
Surrey, BC
I didn't get a text, signed up with zoomer on November 2015 and I'm also on the same plan as OP
Let's live together & save together
Feb 13, 2011
826 posts
199 upvotes
Vancouver
CS told me they are sending out the text slowly today for all the customers. I didn't get a text yet but it's already showing the extra GB on my account.
Jan 29, 2005
145 posts
18 upvotes
Signed up in Dec 2014, pretty much same plan specs and price as OP however it's listed as "Smartphone Canada 200".

Have not received the text. SIgned into my account online and no extra GB.

Wonder if it's because my contract is over in a couple weeks. Offtopic but, does anyone know if Zoomer does a hardware upgrade when signing a new contract?
[OP]
Jul 14, 2009
442 posts
801 upvotes
GTA
cnbobby wrote: CS told me they are sending out the text slowly today for all the customers. I didn't get a text yet but it's already showing the extra GB on my account.
That's awesome service from Zoomer if they are doing this for everyone.

Thanks for the update. Time to tell my friends!
Aug 24, 2005
463 posts
60 upvotes
Awesome! Didn't receive a text but just checked my account and it's there: 1 GB Data (LOYALTY DATA) $0.00
Jul 24, 2014
71 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I'm on the family plan ($72 month) and I got it. I had emailed them a couple of days ago asking what it would cost to pay out my contract as i'm thinking of moving to PM. They sent an email back telling me they gave an extra 1GB of shared data.
Jun 20, 2004
177 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Yup, just got the same text from them as well. Thought it was spam.
Dec 1, 2013
14 posts
9 upvotes
Same text for me, but I'm with cityfone. Contract expired in July/2017
Sep 9, 2003
491 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
No longer on contract here.
Also got the text and confirmed the added Data online.
Dec 13, 2006
562 posts
488 upvotes
Vancouver
i got this message today as well, im guessing its because of the 4gb plans going around, mine went from 2-3.. still thinking about switching.. well see.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1299 posts
774 upvotes
Mississauga
I hope it is not AB/BC only thing...
PM $13/30 days, 250MB with unlimited incoming/30d
Zoomer $36/mo, 5GB 800 minutes
Carrytel cable internet, 75M/10M unltd, $40/30d
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
26803 posts
6032 upvotes
Hamilton
gardener28 wrote: I hope it is not AB/BC only thing...
Nope. Got the text and I'm in ON
$35/10GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)