Expired Hot Deals

[ZoomerWireless/Cityfone/Primus/RBC] free extra 1GB/month added to plan

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2016 2:23 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2775 posts
635 upvotes
goodguy90 wrote: Called and asked for it last night around 7pm. Rep was kind and said she added it to my account but it hasn't shown up yet. Should I be concerned?
It'll show if if you called and agreed. They were pretty good, just takes time for the request to go in, reviewed and changed in their system due to the volume.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
13245 posts
4347 upvotes
Ottawa
Since I have two $36 plans, the bonus actually shows up under the first phone number, it doesn't even say it's shared minutes. So my wife's number gets the bonus but mine doesn't. Anybody else have this problem?

edit: they added it to the second number after I emailed
Last edited by warpdrive on Nov 19th, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Sep 20, 2007
513 posts
160 upvotes
I'll have to call in and see if I can get this. My wife and I have a shared family plan but we don't have it yet.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10443 posts
1267 upvotes
Brampton
I can see the bonus loyalty data in my account now. Called last night at 9pm.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2002
1268 posts
114 upvotes
Kingston ON
warpdrive wrote: it's disappointing that they can add the bonus only per account, even though I am actually paying for two separate plans. When I first signed up, I asked them whether I should get my wife to have her own separate account, but he convinced me to register both numbers under one account. I could have had a referral bonus too but I chose the lazy way out. Now I am penalized again for that decision, if we had two separate accounts, we would have gotten 1GB bonus each.
We have 3 numbers on our account - 2 with data 1 without data. The bonus GB had already been added to one of the data numbers (my daughter's).
So, I thought that I would call to see if:

1) They would also add the bonus GB to the 2nd data number (my cell) and
2) If not eligible would they switch the bonus GB from my daughter's phone to my phone.

The Rep took about 5 seconds and said yes my number was also eligible for the bonus GB - so on the 3 phone account we got the bonus GB on two of the phones.

2 things to note - I have been with Zoomer for about 18 months and the 2nd GB hasn't shown up on my phone yet - I'll update if/when it arrives.
Cheers
Carlos

Free be Freebie
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2735 posts
230 upvotes
I called Zoomer today and got the 1GB bonus loyalty data right away on my $40 (less 10%) plan. They obviously have a high call volume, and the friendly rep asked me to tell people to e-mail instead as it's faster for them (including phone or account number would probably help). The bonus 1GB is available to everyone.
Nov 11, 2007
240 posts
7 upvotes
Cambridge
On Zoomer $72 family plan since August, 2016. Emailed this morning , within an hour received reply adding 1 gb to shared plan. Total 3gb shared data. Thanks O /P
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2002
1268 posts
114 upvotes
Kingston ON
SeeWhy2 wrote: the 2nd GB hasn't shown up on my phone yet - I'll update if/when it arrives.
The bonus GB has now been added to the 2nd phone!
Carlos

Free be Freebie
Oct 14, 2015
109 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Can confirm in ON got the text. Didn't think much of it. Checked account and now it's 1GB (loyalty) + 500mb (original bonus). So really a 500mb bump but I'll take what I can get.
Edit. In the usage it still shows the other 500mb so who knows.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1843 posts
442 upvotes
TimTaylor wrote: Can confirm in ON got the text. Didn't think much of it. Checked account and now it's 1GB (loyalty) + 500mb (original bonus). So really a 500mb bump but I'll take what I can get.
Edit. In the usage it still shows the other 500mb so who knows.
It's 2Gb in total. Every month till you have the plan.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2006
7002 posts
563 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just called in and didn't have to wait for a live agent. Got the extra 1GB data added with no hassles. Great customer service from Zoomer Wireless!

I have the $40 less 10% plan with 400 mins and 1 GB data btw.
Jun 1, 2010
152 posts
96 upvotes
Just to clarify this plan only applies to current plans with data.

Sadly my $25 Individual plan with 100MB bonus data doesn't qualify =P
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2012
5486 posts
2670 upvotes
Winnipeg
Shoyrukon wrote: Just to clarify this plan only applies to current plans with data.

Sadly my $25 Individual plan with 100MB bonus data doesn't qualify =P
how did you get 100 MB bonus...We have a 25$ plan too but no data at all. 100 mb would be nice.
Jun 1, 2010
152 posts
96 upvotes
Wpegger wrote: how did you get 100 MB bonus...We have a 25$ plan too but no data at all. 100 mb would be nice.
I got it last year during a promotion. You get 100MB or more of data when you signed up depending on the price plan you went with.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3348 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
Any cityfone customers got this deal?
====================================

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)