Zuk Z2 Pro... The latest Chinese "flagship" really does seem to have flagship specs.
- Snapdragon 820
- 5.2" 1080p display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 3
- 6GB RAM
- 64gb or 128GB storage (UFS 2.0, reportedly)
- USB type-C
- 13 mp f/1.8 rear camera with OIS (Samsung ISOCELL sensor)
- Heartbeat sensor, UV sensor (?), altimeter, front fingerprint sensor
- 3100 mAh battery
- Telus/Koodo LTE support (supposedly) - supports FDD-LTE bands 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,20 - still no band 17 support, but 4 and 7 is a huge step up from only band 7 in previous Chinese offerings
- No NFC
- Supposed ability to sy
It's selling for 2,699 yuan ($527.60CAD) for the 128GB version in China... Likely add on something like $100CAD or more for the markup once the grey market exporters start selling it, and you're looking at a fairly pricey phone for a Chinese phone... But even at (theoretically) around $650CAD all in, you're still getting a hell of a phone for your money (with the caveat of painful after-sales service, of course, which is a hard nut to swallow when you're spending that much). No NFC is a bummer, though I'll be honest when I say I haven't used NFC on my Nexus 6p since I got it back in November, so I'm not sure that would be a dealbreaker for me.
I don't think I could get myself to spend that much on a Chinaphone, frankly (even though the Zuk Z1 was fairly well regarded)... But damn, those specs are tempting! (For those that don't know, Zuk is one of Lenovo's subsidiary brands.)
If you've got Google Chrome and auto-translate, you can check out the phones official page here.