Expired Hot Deals

[Zwilling J.A. Henckels] knives, non-stick pans, cast iron pans up to 74% off

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2016 6:00 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 12, 2012
91 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto

[Zwilling J.A. Henckels] knives, non-stick pans, cast iron pans up to 74% off

Got the email today, bought this, 3 four star knives for $99, quite a deal:

http://www.zwilling.ca/zwilling/knives- ... 2IfXPkrK70

Just go to zwilling.ca, you'll see 3 Flash Sale images, for knives, non-stick pans, cast iron pans respectively. Happy hunting :)
69 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2013
1250 posts
919 upvotes
Brampton
The three set seems like a great deal. I would be all over this but I just bought the twin masters chef and santoku over the weekend. They are really sharp knives and pretty happy with them. I am still on the look out for a well priced paring knife.
Sr. Member
Nov 20, 2008
787 posts
343 upvotes
Beware that the 'WAREHOUSE16' code will NOT work in conjunction with the flash sale pricing, it will revert the sale price back to regular and take 30% off of that, not off of the former.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 3, 2012
3256 posts
1613 upvotes
Mississauga
Are the ceramic non stick pans better then the regular non stick ones?
I love RFD! :)
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1039 posts
168 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a minimum amount to about shipping costs? Added item to cart and shows $15 shipping for a pan...

Edit: never mind. $100 minimum for free shipping.
Member
Apr 26, 2012
392 posts
281 upvotes
TORONTO
kayceedee wrote: Is there a minimum amount to about shipping costs? Added item to cart and shows $15 shipping for a pan...

Edit: never mind. $100 minimum for free shipping.
No need for a filler on the OPs knife set. Free shipping $99.99. Thanks for the post OP
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
2044 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
yo2boy wrote: Are the ceramic non stick pans better then the regular non stick ones?
I would not recommend. Mine cannot even do eggs now without half the eggs making an egg coating on the pan. after just a few months of use.
Member
User avatar
Aug 27, 2009
259 posts
106 upvotes
tragd wrote: I would not recommend. Mine cannot even do eggs now without half the eggs making an egg coating on the pan. after just a few months of use.
tragd, someone in amazon recommend the cleaning tips #6 here: http://www.scanpancookware.com/pages/faq-8.html (except the hot pan in cold water one). Would you mind trying and let us know if it works?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
2044 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
sinot wrote: tragd, someone in amazon recommend the cleaning tips #6 here: http://www.scanpancookware.com/pages/faq-8.html (except the hot pan in cold water one). Would you mind trying and let us know if it works?
The pan is clean, definitely no residue. It just loses its non stick after an unacceptably short time.
And to be honest, if I have to go through a 30 minute cleaning process after use, then what is the point, right?

To add to this, I have their regular truclad pans as well and they actually stick less than the ceramic one now and cleans up a lot easier. Would recommend those over the nonstick any day.
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 12, 2012
91 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
tragd wrote: The pan is clean, definitely no residue. It just loses its non stick after an unacceptably short time.
And to be honest, if I have to go through a 30 minute cleaning process after use, then what is the point, right?

To add to this, I have their regular truclad pans as well and they actually stick less than the ceramic one now and cleans up a lot easier. Would recommend those over the nonstick any day.
I purposely did very light clean after each use, it developed a super ugly black coating, but quit non-sticky. It woks quite fine, just I try not to look at the pan directly...
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2008
1632 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
great price for that 3 piece set. thanks op. finaly i will have my tomato knife ive been eyeing for years lol
Newbie
Apr 4, 2006
77 posts
16 upvotes
GTA
Thanks Op,

Great price for the 3 piece set!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3425 posts
637 upvotes
London
Hmm - pro - good price, con - not made of Valyrian steel. I'm undecided.

the tang seems like it would be annoying, my current knives have a nicer one although I do need a paring knife - damn you rfd!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 3, 2007
1787 posts
179 upvotes
Seems that the Four Star II are never on sale!
Newbie
Sep 13, 2009
25 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Would someone comment on the quality of these knives versus the others offered by the same company? There are quite a few differing lines of knives.
THanks!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 24, 2012
11543 posts
2542 upvotes
Montreal
tragd wrote: I would not recommend. Mine cannot even do eggs now without half the eggs making an egg coating on the pan. after just a few months of use.
I long gave up on getting a good quality non stick pan that could last... they never last and my wife, no matter how many times I tell her not to, continues to sneak that stuff in the dishwasher once a month, and cooks at too high heat.

So I just buy 12 x 6$ pans at IKEA every year. I always have a brand new pan.
Sr. Member
Feb 15, 2007
633 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Is the 5.5" Santoku knife good deal at $49, to add to the OP's 3 knives set for $99?
Jr. Member
Feb 22, 2009
151 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Cook it in Metrocentre has Staub at 50% off, new and has red, picked up a few, and its a real 50%off not an
inflated regular then discounted. i think all the locations are doing it, Beaches and College st also

Top