Expired Hot Deals

[Zwilling J.A. Henckels] Four Star 5-Piece Knife Block Set With Magnetic Easel $127.49 YVR outlet

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 1:59 pm
[OP]
Jan 19, 2008
475 posts
294 upvotes

[Zwilling J.A. Henckels] Four Star 5-Piece Knife Block Set With Magnetic Easel $127.49 YVR outlet

The Zwilling store at MCARTHUR GLEN outlet by the Vancouver airport has this set for $149.99 plus another 15% off making it $127.49 plus taxes. The bay has it on sale for $199.99. It's solid set with knives you will actually use and a magnetic easel. Everything in the store is 15% off.

https://www.thebay.com/zwilling-four-st ... lsrc=aw.ds

Last edited by Manic1! on Dec 2nd, 2019 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3168 posts
2044 upvotes
Langley
The only knife I use in this set is the chef knife. This block also seems inefficient
[OP]
Jan 19, 2008
475 posts
294 upvotes
jellytime wrote: The only knife I use in this set is the chef knife. This block also seems inefficient
I use a 5 inch serrated all the time for sandwitches and the block has space for 4 or 5 other knives.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2829 posts
2144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Obsolete bolstered design. The bolster gets in the way of sharpening and needs to be ground down, which isn't something most people are going to do. Otherwise a good knife, until it's been sharpened a few times and the back of the edge next to the bolster no longer contacts the cutting board.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15888 posts
8768 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
OakAged wrote: Obsolete bolstered design. The bolster gets in the way of sharpening and needs to be ground down, which isn't something most people are going to do. Otherwise a good knife, until it's been sharpened a few times and the back of the edge next to the bolster no longer contacts the cutting board.
While your complaint about the bolster is true, I would say that if the average purchaser actually knows that knives need to be sharpened in the first place, I would be shocked as most would think that they would have to get a new knife when it's dull since it's 'worn out'. Besides, without going too deep into sharpening and honing, with the proper care, these knives should last a good number of years (with regular honing and annual sharpening by a non-mechanical sharpener) before the bolster gets into the way.