Expired Hot Deals

[Zwilling J.A. Henckels] YMMV Miyabi knife 36% off Mississauga Square One

[OP]
Aug 3, 2017
158 posts
141 upvotes

[Zwilling J.A. Henckels] YMMV Miyabi knife 36% off Mississauga Square One

Miyabi knife is expensive, may not suit for all the people. I just think some people is looking for Mother’s Day gift or they are on the edge of buying one. Please go easy. In store only.

Zwilling SquareOne store at Mississauga are doing clearance sale for awhile. Today I found out this is their second last day before shutdown.

Whole store is doing extra 20%off on top of all discounted prices.

For Miyabi knife, their Birchwood and Black edition is doing 20% off already. So overall it’s 80%*80% = 64% original price.

Regular Zwilling knifes and products are on clearance as well from 20 -60% off. Till tomorrow 7 pm they close store permanently.
Images
  • 9CBC1773-97E4-49D6-A0BF-760856298496.jpeg
  • 448BFE6C-AFF4-454D-922A-B4A9BF838917.jpeg
24 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1132 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
Damn, they just opened! I wonder whether the rent was crazy high, or their staff were plain stoopid. It's like they never got any training. They're clueless about the products they're selling, which is a shame.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2207 posts
860 upvotes
steels are cheap. Even at a discount they still make a killing.
Any man who tells you he enjoys a cold shower will lie about other things

Ronald Reagan
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3512 posts
3102 upvotes
Toronto
i would just wait for their 50% off everything online sale
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
1537 posts
380 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: i would just wait for their 50% off everything online sale
I was thinking the same thing but when they have those sales, the good products seem to disappear off their site, such as the miyabi blacks , etc. I dont think I've ever seen the Kramer carbon on the site.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2006
2366 posts
570 upvotes
MakBarb wrote: I just think some people is looking for Mother’s Day gift or they are on the edge of buying one. Please go easy. In store only.
these knives look and cut amazing... but i dont think its a gift for mothers day ?
in some cultures gifting knives is a bad sign, like you're cutting relations
but if you do, make sure you add a coin on the gift

Why People Include a Coin When They Gift a Knife
For sale threads:
GCs / Coins
Cloth / Phones/
Sep 25, 2013
101 posts
125 upvotes
jon604 wrote: I was thinking the same thing but when they have those sales, the good products seem to disappear off their site, such as the miyabi blacks , etc. I dont think I've ever seen the Kramer carbon on the site.
Got my miyabi black 50% off a couple years ago, though i haven't seen it on sale for higher than 40% off even since.
Aug 29, 2018
306 posts
392 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: i would just wait for their 50% off everything online sale
How often do these happen?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3512 posts
3102 upvotes
Toronto
pbeutch wrote: How often do these happen?
Last year twice I believe, once on boxing day and once black Friday. But they also have their regular miyabi sale at up to 40% off
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4334 posts
728 upvotes
Edmonton
IONLYDOWNVOTE wrote: I cook a lot everyday. imho, at a certain point knives become less about functionality and more of a fashion/status symbol. I bought individual cold forge Henckles Twins knives > 30 years ago, for ~ $100/each, still using them today. Hell if I needed knives today I'd probably go for henckles with the fibrox grips.
I agree and I don’t. knife steal has evolved and the heckles do not cut as nice as the new custom made knifes I own. Yes there is a good portion of vanity to the Damascus but there is also performance to a degree.

The Japanese knives I own do an amazing job cutting including finger tips which if your not paying attention loose you will. I would be all over this deal if it was in my area. I have one main $400 chopping knife I hand sharpen and hone. Cuts like silk. When I need meat I turn to another custom made $300 chopper. Made right in Alberta with a amazing look to it also why I bought it. Then a small fine work paring knife from Japan for another $150. These three cover all my needs including cutting bread.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Apr 2, 2008
653 posts
318 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: Last year twice I believe, once on boxing day and once black Friday. But they also have their regular miyabi sale at up to 40% off
Regular sale is on now. Last year, there was no tax on top of sale price @ outlet stores during xmas.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
354 upvotes
Nunavut
I looked into this after this site kept hyping these. Save your money, theyre just nice status symbols but with a lot of work not ding them. These aren't workhorse type knifes. If you have a sharpening block any cheap knife performs 90% as well as these.. just that they dull faster, but a lot more durable. Spending 100-200 bucks on a blade is just the epitome of stupidity
Feb 6, 2017
177 posts
292 upvotes
MakBarb wrote: Miyabi knife is expensive, may not suit for all the people. I just think some people is looking for Mother’s Day gift or they are on the edge of buying one. Please go easy. In store only.

Zwilling SquareOne store at Mississauga are doing clearance sale for awhile. Today I found out this is their second last day before shutdown.

Whole store is doing extra 20%off on top of all discounted prices.

For Miyabi knife, their Birchwood and Black edition is doing 20% off already. So overall it’s 80%*80% = 64% original price.

Regular Zwilling knifes and products are on clearance as well from 20 -60% off. Till tomorrow 7 pm they close store permanently.
Still a ripoff at those prices..... you can get the in the US on sale for less than $100..
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1132 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
Hindustunna wrote: Spending 100-200 bucks on a blade is just the epitome of stupidity
This statement is the epitome of stupidity...
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4334 posts
728 upvotes
Edmonton
IONLYDOWNVOTE wrote: Does the Japanese knives cut sharper than other knives, not damaging the food making it taste better too ?
Yes the non damaged for tastes 1,000,000,000% better and allows me to see through walls and jump over buildings. They also hold the edge longer and in general make cutting faster then not crushing food. I don’t need a bread knife to cut bread just a sharp knife. Saving $300 on a Damascus ebony handle bread knife. Win win.
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1132 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
IONLYDOWNVOTE wrote: Does the Japanese knives cut sharper than other knives, not damaging the food making it taste better too ?
In some situations it does. For example, when cutting fine herbs, if your knife is not sharp you'll bruise them. They'll wilt much faster, and turn brown.

But a sharp knife is a sharp knife. It doesn't have to be Japanese. The advantage of a typical Japanese knife is the hardness and edge profile. They can stay sharp for a longer time, and they get sharper than the old school German ones because they're simply thinner at the edge.
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
314 posts
354 upvotes
Nunavut
mawzi wrote: This statement is the epitome of stupidity...
Perfect the example right here. Instead of explaining why i'm wrong hurling insults. Congrats mawzi, post of the thread
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2138 posts
1377 upvotes
Hindustunna wrote: If you have a sharpening block any cheap knife performs 90% as well as these..
My first knife was a $5 chefs knife. After sharpening, the knife got stuck in a carrot. You can go cheap but not too cheap.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1132 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
Hindustunna wrote: Perfect the example right here. Instead of explaining why i'm wrong hurling insults. Congrats mawzi, post of the thread
You already hurled insults at half of RFD users by saying that buying $100-$200 knife is the epitome of stupidity. So, you started this. Don't act like the victim.

And I wasn't insulting you. I said your statement was stupid. Smart people can say stupid things sometimes too...

And thanks for the award, I'll take it.