[Zwilling J.A. Henckels] ZWILLING FIVE STAR 6 INCH CHINESE CHEF KNIFE, $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 9:09 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2004
1282 posts
193 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Any info on how "thick" is this thing? I have seen some Zwilling cleaver that were way too thick.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4413 posts
868 upvotes
London
angryaudifanatic wrote: So where do people store their cleavers? I presume I'll have to buy a cleaver block? (if that exists?).
I hang my knives with a magnetic wall strip.
May 18, 2018
386 posts
312 upvotes
Any idea how long it takes for these to ship? I ordered like 5 days ago, they gave me an order number and the email said I'll be notified once my items ship. So far nothing.
Aug 31, 2020
7 posts
1 upvote
I think it was posted earlier, but just to confirm the 10% off newsletter sign up is generic and this is the code I receieved: ZWCA-8FP2-EJK7
Jan 8, 2010
249 posts
62 upvotes
Is this a vegetable chef knife or the cleaver type that chops bones?
Jan 8, 2007
551 posts
174 upvotes
Edmonton
DimsumDeals wrote: is this a lot better than the ones they sell @ Costco, 2 for 69.99

https://www.costco.ca/cangshan-s-series ... 52888.html
I purchased that set in store for $59.99 and I love them. One's great for butchering a whole lamb (yes I did it just to see if it could), and I use the chinese knife for everything now. My son has the one listed in the OP, but I find it too light and it's just a tad shorter than I like.

The Cangshan set is quite nice and for $60, you can't go wrong.
I got kicked out of Chapters because I moved all the Bibles to the fiction section.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1486 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
Webkikr wrote: I purchased that set in store for $59.99 and I love them. One's great for butchering a whole lamb (yes I did it just to see if it could), and I use the chinese knife for everything now. My son has the one listed in the OP, but I find it too light and it's just a tad shorter than I like.

The Cangshan set is quite nice and for $60, you can't go wrong.
Thanks! I'll probably get that Cangshan set, i doubt it goes on sale soon.
Aug 20, 2020
43 posts
34 upvotes
Man the cleaver is the only one I was missing out of the Five Star set, I can't believe I missed the price at $49 and just had to pull the trigger at $69

Thanks for the info

What I'm not understanding is the difference between these and why this guy thinks these are valued so high?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ZWILLING-J-A-He ... SwBt5ZJs7V
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/ZWILLING-J-A-He ... SwbPld0cuO
Nov 5, 2007
243 posts
67 upvotes
Just curious did anyone have issues with receiving their orders? I placed an order more than a week ago and got zero updates from them, the sign up page is broken so I can't even sign up or login to check order status either
May 18, 2018
386 posts
312 upvotes
stormsong wrote: Just curious did anyone have issues with receiving their orders? I placed an order more than a week ago and got zero updates from them, the sign up page is broken so I can't even sign up or login to check order status either
Same here. I just sent them an email.
May 4, 2003
71 posts
15 upvotes
Same. Just the original email. Nothing since.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1289 posts
402 upvotes
Barrie
stormsong wrote: Just curious did anyone have issues with receiving their orders? I placed an order more than a week ago and got zero updates from them, the sign up page is broken so I can't even sign up or login to check order status either
I have an order that was placed Oct 18th that I am still waiting for an email stating it has been shipped out. I have had three orders through zwilling this year and my past two orders both took roughly 7 days before I got another email with a tracking number so I am not sure what is taking them so long to fulfil orders but I suspect they are backlogged and short of staff.

Luckily I didn't need anything I ordered very quickly but I suspect my current order will take nearly a month or longer from when I ordered until it arrives. I hope they at least hire some more people to fulfill orders or something because if they have a black friday sale I doubt anyone will receive their order until next year.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4096 posts
1321 upvotes
Oshawa
BestOffer wrote: Made In Germany

BDD85F9B-8F4D-4083-B926-4F7E453A82A1.jpeg
Bought it. Tried it. Returned it.

Handle didn't feel comfortable.

Went to Foodymart and bought one off their shelf. Felt way better. Much cheaper!
16' x 11' Living Room with 11' Cathedral Ceiling. 65" Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers (FR+FL). Polk Audio S35 (Center). Klipsch R51M (RR+RL). Klipsch R14M (Dolby FHR+Dolby FHL). Polk Audio HTS10 Subwoofer x 2.