Expired Hot Deals

Zwilling J.A. Henckels

Zwilling: One Day Sale - Selected Work w/ FREE 6" Cleaver + FREE Ship starting from $100?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2022 5:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13135 posts
3722 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)

[Zwilling J.A. Henckels] Zwilling: One Day Sale - Selected Work w/ FREE 6" Cleaver + FREE Ship starting from $100?

I feel the wok for $100 but comes with free cleaver is a good deal?
zwilling.PNG
Past Wins:
Starbucks For Life: 1 Year [2019]
Starbucks Summer: 1 Week Bakery [2021]
Flipp Appinions: IOGO Survey, $20 GC [2021]

=^.^=
15 replies
Jun 23, 2020
40 posts
26 upvotes
Honestly, it'd be a better investment to get a carbon steel wok over this aluminum one. They can be found for less money and will be better to use (with some care) over the aluminum one.

If you really needed a cleaver as well, this might be a draw for some people but I feel like a carbon steel wok and cleaver can be bought separately for less than $100.
Feb 3, 2012
4 posts
3 upvotes
WOODSTOCK
For those interested in cleaver itself, it seems discounted as well along with some others:

ZWILLING ***** FIVE STAR - 6 INCH CLEAVER ($230.00 - 70% = $69.99): https://www.zwilling.com/ca/zwilling-** ... 151-0.html
ZWILLING TWIN OLYMP - 7 INCH CLEAVER ($265.00 - 62% = $99.99): https://www.zwilling.com/ca/zwilling-tw ... 180-0.html
ZWILLING DRAGON - 6 INCH CLEAVER ($350.00 - 43% = $199.99): https://www.zwilling.com/ca/zwilling-dr ... 150-0.html
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2007
3799 posts
784 upvotes
ON
my order from last November was charged but still not shipped...worst store ever.
Apr 1, 2013
985 posts
2022 upvotes
Fredericton
The Zwilling Henckels brand means nothing now. I've had 3 knife sets from them in the past month with one being the four star set from The Bay which had a bent chef's knife (and it was made in Germany).

The other two several knives from each set have rusted through imperfections in the stainless steel coating and one knife even has something rattling inside the handle. These sets are from Costco, made in China.

Their support is non existent, with weeks between replies, and they expect you to pay for shipping back to them.

Avoid this brand that is no longer what it used to be.
Apr 10, 2006
667 posts
526 upvotes
life359 wrote: The Zwilling Henckels brand means nothing now. I've had 3 knife sets from them in the past month with one being the four star set from The Bay which had a bent chef's knife (and it was made in Germany).

The other two several knives from each set have rusted through imperfections in the stainless steel coating and one knife even has something rattling inside the handle. These sets are from Costco, made in China.

Their support is non existent, with weeks between replies, and they expect you to pay for shipping back to them.

Avoid this brand that is no longer what it used to be.
Costco sells the Henckels (one man vs Zwilling where it has 2) and is marketed as a lower tier. I've had bad luck with Henckels before when I bought their spoon and fork set (from Costco as well). They were pretty thin but I didn't think much of it. Ikea's cutlery set was also thin. Ran it thru the dishwasher and voila, rust spots on half of the set. Returned it immediately.

I used to buy from Zwilling when they still had their 50% off once a year (they stopped doing it for like 3 or 4 years now). Got myself select knives from their pro line as well as a miyabi knife and a Staub coccotte. These are great pieces. But I noticed lately that they've gone downhill in service and sales.
May 18, 2018
689 posts
682 upvotes
If you're OK waiting 5 months to get this, order from these a-holes. Just remember, you can't contact anyone via email or phone, you're gonna have to start punching random extensions in order to get a human to answer the phone. Even then good luck getting them to do something about your order. Also check their Google page for reviews, it's awful.

Google this for reviews:
Zwilling J A Henckels Canada Ltd Head Office
435 Cochrane Dr, Markham, ON L3R 9R5
Jan 18, 2022
1 posts
I ordered from them during boxing day and received my order randomly, it only took around 2 weeks. No shipping notification or anything. Perhaps they had shipped your order and someone swiped it. Still really bad on them for no notification or anything
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2105 posts
1761 upvotes
Laval, QC
Was thinking to jump on this deal, thanks to the inputs here to stop me do so, wallet safe
Deal Addict
May 8, 2004
3687 posts
1802 upvotes
Toronto
I would only buy the Zwilling Pro Line from them nowadays. They say the difference between the different Made in Germany lines is just the handle but it is not true. I have the Pro 7" Chef Knife (from the BBB Sale) and it is waaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy better than the Pure 6" Chef Knife I got at the warehouse sale.
Aug 17, 2021
58 posts
38 upvotes
wok does not have any technology. No matter it is Zwilling or any other brand. A cheap iron wok is enough. As long as you season it well, it performs as non-stick.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
1661 posts
1704 upvotes
Got this wok from The Bay during their Boxing Day/Week sale for $99 including a 10" or 12" pan (can't remember which one). It's okay but for the type of cooking a wok involves I wouldn't use this and get something thinner.
Dec 13, 2019
889 posts
810 upvotes
If I were to buy anything from Zwilling, it would be from their physical store and not online. So far, I've found their "deals" to be meh and contains all sorts of gotchas and conditions. The best I can do is to see if their deal is at least fair and none of them are so far. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-profit and they have every right to make a profit, but as a customer I have every right to not get screwed over and choose to take their deal or not.

I got my Zwilling knife set from Bed Bath & Beyond and they are the pro line. Absolutely love them. Not the Henckels line. The main difference between the two is the build quality, where it's made (the better ones Zwilling line are made in Germany), and the logo (Henckels is a single figure while Zwilling is the double figure).

Fun fact: Zwilling actually means twins in German, hence the double figure logo and is only found on their Zwilling line of products.

And please do not put your knife through the dishwasher in general. The harsh chemicals eat away at the knife and will only destroy the knife. Please wash by hand and your knife will serve you faithfully for many years.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
May 31, 2016
578 posts
578 upvotes
Because everyone is sharing horror stories...

I ordered a Henckels set with self sharpening block (don't judge, it was a gift someone requested) last summer and it arrived promptly with no issues.

Black Friday I ordered some steak knives as I currently only have one, and it's from Dollarama. Again, arrived quickly with no issues.

So while I'm sure everyone is posting in good faith, just wanted to say that bad experiences are not universal.
Nov 5, 2007
98 posts
128 upvotes
I order stuff from them last year, no issues.
Even had to RMA ceramic jars since they arrived broken in the box.
I would have to say, it's better to call in vs their support tickets, but I guess YMMV!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)