Zwilling Online Warehouse Sale - On Now | July 8-11

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2021 8:58 am
[OP]
Jul 5, 2005
36 posts
11 upvotes

[Zwilling J.A. Henckels] Zwilling Online Warehouse Sale - On Now | July 8-11

Looks like ZWILLING decided to hold another Online Warehouse Sale this year.

"ZWILLING Online Warehouse Sale is on! 4-days only: July 8-11. Discounts on ZWILLING German cutlery, STAUB French cast iron, MIYABI Japanese knives, DEMEYERE Belgium stainless steel cookware, BALLARINI Italian non-stick pans, kitchen tools & gadgets, glassware, flatware and more."

They've kept the requirement to have an account (or create one) to participate in the sale.

Don't forget:
38 replies
Mar 9, 2007
501 posts
103 upvotes
Any recommendations on the various 8" chefs knives? Looking for something that is fairly low maintenance and will last a long time. Happy to spend a little more money if it means the knife will have a longer lifespan and the blade will sharp longer.

Zwilling Gourmet 8" (visual imperfections) - $50
Henckels Classic 8" - $65
Zwilling Twin Pollux - $65
Zwilling Pro 8" (scalloped edge??) - $100
Zwilling Twin Fin II - $115
Zwilling Diplome 8" - $150
Last edited by xmai77 on Jul 8th, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 30, 2007
383 posts
481 upvotes
xmai77 wrote: Any recommendations on the various 8" chefs knives? Looking for something that is fairly low maintenance and will last a long time. Happy to spend a little more money if it means the knife will have a longer lifespan and the blade will sharp longer.

I went to the website and google the same knife, Found out their secret sale price and their daily price is only 5 dollar of difference. I even check and make sure I am not on the American Site, but no, Zwilling is just doing this sale to pretend they are trying to give you a discount. Neutral Face
Are you "Z-willing" to buy into this BS?

Zwilling Gourmet 8" Secret Sale (visual imperfections) - $50
Zwilling Gourmet 8" Daily Price (visual imperfections) - $54.99

Dont want to sound like I am pure sale-bashing, so here is a comparable to this Zwilling Gourmet from Vicorinox. I think everyone know this brand and require no introduction.

If you want the link just google it yourself. I am not here to push knives onto/into someone (pun intended)

Last edited by swordman2000 on Jul 8th, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 30, 2007
383 posts
481 upvotes
swordman2000 wrote: Are you "Z-willing" to buy into this BS?
Because of this, I am christening this sale with the RFD meme.
Jun 22, 2011
243 posts
95 upvotes
xmai77 wrote: Any recommendations on the various 8" chefs knives? Looking for something that is fairly low maintenance and will last a long time. Happy to spend a little more money if it means the knife will have a longer lifespan and the blade will sharp longer.

I like the diplome, but any of these are good if you get a wet stone and sharpen them regularly. Knife maintenance is 80% of what makes a good knife. A good cheap knife is Mercer. They target culinary school no frill type stuff, but they have some full tang blades too (I believe).
Mar 30, 2007
383 posts
481 upvotes
MattyMattMatt wrote: I like the diplome, but any of these are good if you get a wet stone and sharpen them regularly. Knife maintenance is 80% of what makes a good knife. A good cheap knife is Mercer. They target culinary school no frill type stuff, but they have some full tang blades too (I believe).
The Diplome is the same. they are still pretending they are doing a sale.
I am in need to find a set of nice knife but i really dont know if this is the brand i wanna go with now.

Mar 9, 2007
501 posts
103 upvotes
swordman2000 wrote: The Diplome is the same. they are still pretending they are doing a sale.
I am in need to find a set of nice knife but i really dont know if this is the brand i wanna go with now.
Thank you for saving me from being scammed! The Diplome was $99, back in 2018..so perhaps not the worst scam if you combine with 10% email and Rakuten.
zwilling-warm-zwilling-diplome-8-chefs- ... f-2238999/
Mar 30, 2007
383 posts
481 upvotes
xmai77 wrote: Thank you for saving me from being scammed!

I'll look into Mercer knives.
Wow Mercer knives looks nice too! Their 8 inch chef knife looks exactly like the Victorinox Fibrox I posted above but for only $22 dollars.
The while handle might get stained by food colour tho, thats my only concern that it may turn orangy.

Will check out their more "expensive" knives too.
Feb 18, 2015
332 posts
1573 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I hate these fake sales so much. I kinda of start hating the brand itself.
Apr 7, 2020
159 posts
158 upvotes
Ottawa
So are these worth buying or no? Looking to replace the cheap Faberware knives I've had for over a decade.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
2891 posts
1254 upvotes
Markham
hotandsoursoup wrote: Any zwilling online sales since BF 2019 has been sh!t. Is this one any different?
No chance
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Dec 24, 2011
73 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Looking at getting the Pro S 9-piece block (35691-009). Seems to be almost $200 in savings when combined with email coupon and 2% cashback. Thoughts?
Mar 14, 2018
406 posts
444 upvotes
Their products are usually good. Their marketing, customer service, and delivery are terrible.

They keep promoting “sales” giving them different sales event names and randomly price their merchandise a few dollars up and down.

Then you don’t hear from them for a month after you place your order. Lucky if you receive your purchase within a month.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12176 posts
4546 upvotes
Toronto
Delivery took almost a month when I live 10 min away from their warehouse.

They shipped from Markham Warehouse, then it goes to Mississauga to central sorting facility, then almost 3 weeks after, it arrive to me in Markham.
The package went for a GTA tour and came back.

It would be nice to have local pick up or ship to nearest store to pick up.

And yes, compare other retailers, you may find better price with some store promo than this warehouse sale.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2296 posts
2138 upvotes
Toronto
swordman2000 wrote: I went to the website and google the same knife, Found out their secret sale price and their daily price is only 5 dollar of difference. I even check and make sure I am not on the American Site, but no, Zwilling is just doing this sale to pretend they are trying to give you a discount. Neutral Face
Are you "Z-willing" to buy into this BS?

Zwilling Gourmet 8" Secret Sale (visual imperfections) - $50
Zwilling Gourmet 8" Daily Price (visual imperfections) - $54.99

Dont want to sound like I am pure sale-bashing, so here is a comparable to this Zwilling Gourmet from Vicorinox. I think everyone know this brand and require no introduction.

If you want the link just google it yourself. I am not here to push knives onto/into someone (pun intended)

Erm. They don't look the same knife tho? One is Gourmet other is Twin Gourmet

Gourmet is Made in Germany, Twin Gourmet is Made in Spain

Not saying it's a good sale or anything, but think you compared 2 different models.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Nov 1, 2020
130 posts
214 upvotes
neonic wrote: Erm. They don't look the same knife tho? One is Gourmet other is Twin Gourmet

Gourmet is Made in Germany, Twin Gourmet is Made in Spain

Not saying it's a good sale or anything, but think you compared 2 different models.
Definitely not the same knife. I don't know the difference, but I can recommend the first one (Zwilling Gourmet). It's been my daily go to for about 5 years and for $50 I'd call it a hot deal.
Dec 3, 2008
471 posts
95 upvotes
xmai77 wrote: Thank you for saving me from being scammed! The Diplome was $99, back in 2018..so perhaps not the worst scam if you combine with 10% email and Rakuten.
zwilling-warm-zwilling-diplome-8-chefs- ... f-2238999/
I got this knife for 99 back in 2018 and its a great knife for the price!

I don't think I've seen it come back down to near that price again since then.

Just a note to everyone - their customer service is atrocious. You'll get your product but it will take awhile and you'll likely not get any updates.
Nov 26, 2015
133 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Couldn’t help myself. Got a few of the Staub cooking implements (decent price, though probably overpriced at MSRP) and a couple of pro knives with cosmetic issues. Good idea? I’ll find out in 3 months.
Dec 25, 2018
89 posts
107 upvotes
swordman2000 wrote: Dont want to sound like I am pure sale-bashing, so here is a comparable to this Zwilling Gourmet from Vicorinox. I think everyone know this brand and require no introduction.
Wouldn't this be more comparable to the Victorinox?

Idk how the knives perform but it looks much more like it than the one you posted which looks a lot more fancy.